ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A&H QU + SQ scene file?  (Read 303 times)

Kent Clasen

A&H QU + SQ scene file?
« on: June 28, 2020, 11:51:10 am »

Hello all!

I have a customer that has a problem with their QU32 mixer. It was user error as someone put phantom power into the ALT output connection....donít ask!

We got a SQ mixer from our local rep that we will loan them.

They are 2+ hours away. I am trying to see if I can someone get their QU scene file emailed to me so we can setup the SQ with similar settings at our shop vs. at their location to save time.

I donít have a QU mixer here and I donít recall is their a way to have them email a scene file from iPad or other [Mixing Station] that I can load on my device and see their settings?

Thanks!

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: A&H QU + SQ scene file?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 01:51:32 pm »

The scene files are only stored in the mixer, not in the iPad app.....at least not in the A&H QU Pad app, never used the Mix Station app.

The only way to get the file out of the mixer is to copy it from the mixer to a USB drive.
Did they back up scenes to a USB.

If you have not use a USB drive with a QU before the QU's are a little picky on the USB sticks that it likes, I'm sure there are others but I found the Kingston Data Traveler series to work well as well as the Sans Disc Extreme 3 and the Transend Jet Flash series.
You do need to format the USB drive in the mixer before you can use it.

What damage did hitting the ALT OUT jacks with phantom do the board?

Kent Clasen

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 01:59:29 pm »

The scene files are only stored in the mixer, not in the iPad app.....at least not in the A&H QU Pad app, never used the Mix Station app.

The only way to get the file out of the mixer is to copy it from the mixer to a USB drive.

If you have not use a USB drive with a QU before the QU's are a little picky on the USB sticks that it likes, I'm sure there are others but I found the Kingston Data Traveler series to work well as well as the Sans Disc Extreme 3 and the Transend Jet Flash series.
You do need to format the USB drive in the mixer before you can use it.

What damage did hitting the ALT OUT jacks with phantom do the board?

Hi Mike-

I can get the file on USB but not sure how to view it since they donít have an offline editor AFAIK.

I am pretty sure it was the ALT out, or the Main out. One of my guys talked to them and also A&H service. Whichever it was, it fried the circuit board, which also killed the headphone out. So the QU is functional, but needs to be sent into A&H for repair.

Thanks, Kent

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 06:09:05 pm »

I have found that although the QU series mixers are very picky when it comes to recording in which USB drives it will recognize, there is much more flexibility in which drive you use for memory/data transfer so try one you already own first before you spring for an A&H recommended one.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 10:44:45 pm »

Hi Mike-

I can get the file on USB but not sure how to view it since they donít have an offline editor AFAIK.

There's no way to view it without loading the scene into a QU mixer in your case you would need a QU32, QU Pac or a QU SB to see all the scene set up.

You can load it on the QU 16 or 24 but you will not see any settings beyond each of those mixers channels and processing.

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 10:44:45 pm ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.