ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Installation Speakers - FBT Archon, Wharfedale Pro, Electro Voice EVID?  (Read 232 times)

Brian Dale

We're a small/medium sized UK Anglican church and looking to replace the sound system. As well as clarity of speech being important, we do play in music tracks for the congregation to sing along to. Various installers have recommended different speakers to us.

One installer has proposed FBT Archon 110 speakers at the front with Archon 105's part way down the nave with an Apart Sub2400 subwoofer, controlled by a FBT DLM26 loudspeaker management system.

A budget option is Wharfedale Pro SI-10X speakers at the front and P105 speakers part way down the nave with the Wharfedale Versadrive speaker management system.

Another installer has proposed Electro Voice EVID-S8.2 speakers with EVID S5.2 speakers part way down the nave with a Electo Voice ZXA1 subwoofer, controlled by a dbx DriveRack VENU360 loudspeaker management system.

I'd appreciate any comments that forum members may have.

Scott Hofmann

We're a small/medium sized UK Anglican church and looking to replace the sound system. As well as clarity of speech being important, we do play in music tracks for the congregation to sing along to. Various installers have recommended different speakers to us.

One installer has proposed FBT Archon 110 speakers at the front with Archon 105's part way down the nave with an Apart Sub2400 subwoofer, controlled by a FBT DLM26 loudspeaker management system.

A budget option is Wharfedale Pro SI-10X speakers at the front and P105 speakers part way down the nave with the Wharfedale Versadrive speaker management system.

Another installer has proposed Electro Voice EVID-S8.2 speakers with EVID S5.2 speakers part way down the nave with a Electo Voice ZXA1 subwoofer, controlled by a dbx DriveRack VENU360 loudspeaker management system.

I'd appreciate any comments that forum members may have.
The actual equipment is only part of the system. The ability of the installer to commission the system properly and provide support after you've paid them are just as important. Get references from your potential providers and if possible go see and hear one of their installations using similar equipment. Call one of their references and ask how pleased they are with the system and service.
Scott Hofmann

Brian Dale

Yes, I agree that we do need to get references from potential installers.

I was a bit thrown when I saw one or two negative comments on this forum about the Electro Voice EVID range. But as you say, it's how the system comes together that's important. If anyone has any experience of FBT Archon, Wharfedale Pro or EVID speakers I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

I was a bit thrown when I saw one or two negative comments on this forum about the Electro Voice EVID range. But as you say, it's how the system comes together that's important. If anyone has any experience of FBT Archon, Wharfedale Pro or EVID speakers I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

I am an FBT dealer and we have a large rental inventory.  Love the gear and the support.  Always hesitant to pick between very similar speakers as we have know what of knowing if they are the right speaker for the job.  It's not the most important decision and your integrator should be driving the hardware selection.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio

The EVID range just went though a complete refresh about two years ago.  The new product is drastically better then the old. 
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.