ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC Basis TFTP Firmware Update?  (Read 151 times)

Griffen Behm

QSC Basis TFTP Firmware Update?
« on: June 27, 2020, 03:40:20 pm »

Hello,

I've got a system that uses some of the older Basis 914lz processors for DSP and routing. While uploading a new design config to one unit, something appears to have gone south and it's now stuck in the "Welcome to QSC Basis" screen upon powerup, occasionally with the fault LED illuminating.

Though it cannot be accessed from IP when in this state, I can boot it in safe mode and then telnet into it. Ran the MQX memeory check and that passed. So the next goal is to try to reaload it's firmware. From what I can gather, the latest firmware files are provided in the QSControl directory of the Venue Manager software. Attempted to send the likely candidate Basis.hex via TFTP but it won't accept the transfer.

So, has anyone dealt with this in the past that might be able to shed some light on uploading firmware independent of Venue Manager? According the the manual it can be done, but is not explained in much detail.

Thanks,
-Griffin

Caleb Dueck

Re: QSC Basis TFTP Firmware Update?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 04:44:53 pm »

Hello,

I've got a system that uses some of the older Basis 914lz processors for DSP and routing. While uploading a new design config to one unit, something appears to have gone south and it's now stuck in the "Welcome to QSC Basis" screen upon powerup, occasionally with the fault LED illuminating.

Though it cannot be accessed from IP when in this state, I can boot it in safe mode and then telnet into it. Ran the MQX memeory check and that passed. So the next goal is to try to reaload it's firmware. From what I can gather, the latest firmware files are provided in the QSControl directory of the Venue Manager software. Attempted to send the likely candidate Basis.hex via TFTP but it won't accept the transfer.

So, has anyone dealt with this in the past that might be able to shed some light on uploading firmware independent of Venue Manager? According the the manual it can be done, but is not explained in much detail.

Thanks,
-Griffin

Have you contacted QSC or your local QSC rep?  The last time I used a Basis processor, I had to call the rep and they talked me through it.  The larger question - does it make sense yet to replace it with QSys? 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Griffen Behm

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 05:58:51 pm »

Hi Caleb,

Yes, I opened a case w/ QSC. They directed me to a download of Venue Manager, so followed up with further questions. I may give them a call on Monday as I've had good luck taking through amplifier issues with them over the phone.

Either way, yes, updating this system to Q-Sys makes the most sense. Though the whole system currently operates on Cobranet and is tied in with a number of old Raves and Whirlwind devices, I could at least get the processing updated and then gradually upgrade the rest of the system as budget permits.

Thanks,
-Griffin

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 05:58:51 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.