ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: jtr captivator 212 pro processor settings  (Read 2570 times)

Eric Baker

jtr captivator 212 pro processor settings
« on: June 24, 2020, 10:26:38 PM »

Does anyone have any processor settings they could share with me for the JTR 212 pro and the NOESIS 212TX. I will be using a qsc pld 4.5. I did email Jeff at JTR, but I guess he is busy.

Thanks in advice! 

Sean Anderson

Re: jtr captivator 212 pro processor settings
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 01:15:20 AM »

Hi Eric,

Give Jeff a bit of time, I think they have a big home theater event soon. I don't have 212tx's. I do have 212p subs, but they are powered. I'm gonna be little help. I cross my subs around 90. How do you like the tops? They are on my shortlist when gigs really start up again.

Eric Baker

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 09:03:14 AM »

I'm not sure I take delivery on them tomorrow. I'm hoping to play around with them tomorrow.

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 09:46:30 AM »

Some info here: https://data-bass.com/#/systems/5c253bba3e9dff0004ee21f4?_k=rrhm0p

Might help guide you on custom settings. Looks like 18dB/oct@35Hz will be a good starting point.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Jay Marr

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 12:00:14 PM »

I'm not sure I take delivery on them tomorrow. I'm hoping to play around with them tomorrow.

If you wouldn't mind sharing thoughts (and pictures) once you get to play around, would love to get some insight.
No pics up yet on JTR website.
Curious how compact, yet powerful, a system like that will be.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 03:20:52 PM »

Hell, just plug 'em in and see what you think.  We did gigs with no HPF for too many years, so if you use the HPF Chris suggests and don't do anything stupid, you're good to audition.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Sean Anderson

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 09:55:45 AM »

JTR has been lax with those website pics. There are pics on the JTR Facebook page along with some commentary from Jeff.

Eric Baker

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 07:50:12 AM »

If you wouldn't mind sharing thoughts (and pictures) once you get to play around, would love to get some insight.
No pics up yet on JTR website.
Curious how compact, yet powerful, a system like that will be.

Well I just used a LR at 90 and set a high pass at 30 for the subs. Then I high passed the tops at 90. I did more or less a band rehearse outside in a large driveway/parking lot. I have to say the tops sound great! Very happy with them. I only had to make a couple cuts to my taste around 1k and 4k. Like I said nothing crazy. They sounded great out of the box. The biggest thing I noticed was everything was a lot cleaner. I found myself pulling down the vocal gain a good bit. It was like I was running my danley sm80's. I was not pushing anything to come out of the mix it was just there. With this band I was using a pair of JBL SRX835 and 828.
Now for the subs. I'm impressed for their size and weight! They do get up and go for being under 80lbs each. I had them center clustered which seem to work great for this gig. They don't go low, but I knew that getting them. I do have to say they are punchy and clean if that is the right word. They are no th118 by and means! But, for this band which is a 80's band (not 80's hair band) I think they will do just find. Plus most of the places they play are indoors for anywhere from 150-500 people.
I did get a couple pics of the tops but for some reason it will not let me attach them. 

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 01:34:13 PM »

Well I just used a LR at 90 and set a high pass at 30 for the subs. Then I high passed the tops at 90. I did more or less a band rehearse outside in a large driveway/parking lot. I have to say the tops sound great! Very happy with them. I only had to make a couple cuts to my taste around 1k and 4k. Like I said nothing crazy. They sounded great out of the box. The biggest thing I noticed was everything was a lot cleaner. I found myself pulling down the vocal gain a good bit. It was like I was running my danley sm80's. I was not pushing anything to come out of the mix it was just there. With this band I was using a pair of JBL SRX835 and 828.
Now for the subs. I'm impressed for their size and weight! They do get up and go for being under 80lbs each. I had them center clustered which seem to work great for this gig. They don't go low, but I knew that getting them. I do have to say they are punchy and clean if that is the right word. They are no th118 by and means! But, for this band which is a 80's band (not 80's hair band) I think they will do just find. Plus most of the places they play are indoors for anywhere from 150-500 people.
I did get a couple pics of the tops but for some reason it will not let me attach them.

It's possible your photo's are too large. There is a size limit.
Douglas R. Allen

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 02:26:50 AM »

Eric use this site then post the full image BB code it generates for you.  That will allow you to post any size picture with a great preview.  No registration required and completely free. https://imgbb.com/

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 02:26:50 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.