ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley Studio 2  (Read 2635 times)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: Danley Studio 2
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 06:14:43 am »

I heard the first generation at Danley's shop and I was blown away at how good they sounded! I mean really, really great!
The current iteration can only be better, I'm sure.
 I did offer to take a pair back to Canada to demonstrate to others but they, politely, declined ;D
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 01:17:47 pm »

At $4400 a pair, while not cheap, but comparable to other hi-end studio monitors (Kii, Barefoot Sound). Proof will be from reviews from neutral places like Sound on Sound or Production Expert.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 02:06:42 pm »

At $4400 a pair, while not cheap, but comparable to other hi-end studio monitors (Kii, Barefoot Sound). Proof will be from reviews from neutral places like Sound on Sound or Production Expert.

If I were working for another 15 years I would consider such a price as an investment in my craft.  Since I'm likely to retire in less than 5 years, it's a prohibitive cost.  At the rate the USA is *effectively* dealing with SARS-CoV2, I will likely retire before arena events come back to full strength and profitability, and may have to retire sooner - Walmart no longer hires greeters...
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2020, 02:39:45 pm »

Danley needs a product photographer bad. You have no sense of scale on most of their cabinets.
Here is a photo from a studio that was one of the first to purchase the Studio 2s

https://tweedrecording.com/facilities/

A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2020, 03:51:23 pm »

Here is a photo from a studio that was one of the first to purchase the Studio 2s

https://tweedrecording.com/facilities/

The cassette tape coffee table is waayyyy cool!
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Brian Bolly

• Baltimore, MD / Amsterdam, NL
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2020, 04:11:47 pm »

The cassette tape coffee table is waayyyy cool!

I was just thinking the same thing.  But do they have the appropriately sized pencil to go with?   :D

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2020, 04:34:43 pm »

Do they have an 8 Track and a tape reel table as well!

...and I bet those monitors sound really good.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 05:40:21 pm by Mike Caldwell »

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2020, 05:10:40 pm »

Since there are numbers being (mis)represented in this thread, I'll mention that the MSRP for the Studio Two in the newest price list is $4990 each. As always, individual dealers determine actual pricing for their own clients.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, VTC, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, OnPoint Audio, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Road Ready, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, Whirlwind, On-Stage, more...

Jay Marr

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2020, 09:03:19 pm »

Since there are numbers being (mis)represented in this thread, I'll mention that the MSRP for the Studio Two in the newest price list is $4990 each. As always, individual dealers determine actual pricing for their own clients.

I assume that's targeted at my original post.  Obviously if you are a dealer, you would know better than I...but here is what I found online.

https://musicplayers.com/2020/01/danley-breaks-the-mold-once-again-introducing-the-new-studio-1-and-studio-2-nearfield-monitors-and-studio-subwoofer/
MSRP:
Studio1-B: $1,600
Studio2-B: $4,400
StudioSub-B: $2,280

Nathanael Iversen

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2020, 09:29:13 pm »

That is a very competitive market in the studio speaker world.  You get the Genelec 8351b's (which are stunning), and other super solid monitors from PMC and other top studio brands.  I'm sure these sound great - but most things do at this price.  I wish them well - the world always needs innovation and fresh ideas.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2020, 09:29:13 pm »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.