ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VHF wireless handheld question  (Read 465 times)

Deric Craig

• NE Ohio
VHF wireless handheld question
« on: June 21, 2020, 05:08:53 pm »

I have acquired an EV MR-2000A receiver with a MT 2000A handheld (ND767). It is VHF at 170.245
My friend who had this passed on and could this working unit be placed in service like at a H.OW. or other ??

I tried to find allocation information in this band and not sure yet if this rig is still viable...
Thank you for any input

Jerome Malsack

Re: VHF wireless handheld question
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 08:03:19 pm »

shure   https://d24z4d3zypmncx.cloudfront.net/Pubs/ULX/ULXD_Wireless_Compatibility.pdf   

page 12,   174 to  216   possible.   yes.  your below the current that shure deploys so may be a problem.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 09:32:36 pm »

IANAWG ( I Am Not A Wireless Guru)

VHF systems should be fine now since all TV channels have moved out of this space and it has not been re-allocated to other services. Those Ancient and cheap wireless mics are getting a second chance at life. You just have to find 9 volt batteries for them! lol.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 10:06:17 pm »

I have acquired an EV MR-2000A receiver with a MT 2000A handheld (ND767). It is VHF at 170.245
My friend who had this passed on and could this working unit be placed in service like at a H.OW. or other ??

I tried to find allocation information in this band and not sure yet if this rig is still viable...
Thank you for any input

This frequency is in the VHF Land Mobile Radio pool and requires a Part 90 license to operate, if a license would even be granted for this type of equipment, which is most doubtful. Many, many years ago this frequency was in the Part 74(D) Remote Pickup, but no more. In short, there's no legal way to use it.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 01:25:49 am »

VHF systems should be fine now since all TV channels have moved out of this space and it has not been re-allocated to other services. Those Ancient and cheap wireless mics are getting a second chance at life. You just have to find 9 volt batteries for them! lol.

All TV broadcasters have absolutely not moved out of VHF, and in fact many are moving into it from UHF in many markets (cities).  VHF is far less congested than UHF in most markets, and we fortunately can use its white spaces, but it's not a completely free and clear band for us.  We all must continue to do our due diligence to avoid licensed operations in every band.

Deric Craig

• NE Ohio
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 12:12:44 am »

This frequency is in the VHF Land Mobile Radio pool and requires a Part 90 license to operate, if a license would even be granted for this type of equipment, which is most doubtful. Many, many years ago this frequency was in the Part 74(D) Remote Pickup, but no more. In short, there's no legal way to use it.

Thank you Mr. Cohen. And the other contributors.
I now have my answer.
Guess I acquired an anchor for a toy sailboat.

It is what I wanted to establish.
Again many thanks.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 12:12:44 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 23 queries.