ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on DMX Console software for small shows?  (Read 1804 times)

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
Re: Thoughts on DMX Console software for small shows?
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 06:15:06 pm »

Per the Obsidian website:

Note: Onyx will send out FREE Universes numbers 1,2,3 and 4 over Art-Net, sACN or ONYX USB devices when no license key is detected.

In FREE (Red) mode, OSC Playback faders and buttons will be delayed in execution. Full OSC support remains available for licensed systems (Onyx Keys or with ONYX control surface) and all consoles.

Thanks Jeff. I initially miss-read the Onyx restrictions and failed to recognize the OSC restrictions only applied to use of the OSC remote app. I wrongly assumed the random delayed execution applied to any free use of Onyx (not just remote use via OSC). Indeed 4 universes is more than I ever anticipate needing, so Onyx should fit the bill.

Now my only (very minor) annoyance with Onyx is they have deprecated support for my DMX interface. No big deal, I'll just stay with version 4.2.1057 until I feel like investing in a new DMX interface. Thanks!

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2020, 05:14:13 pm »

You can get a full access dongle for Chamsys MagicQ for about $120. MagicQ is free to download and runs on PC/Mac/Linux/console. As powerful as the big players, you should be able to do everything you need to do. A PC Wing runs about $2300, 1/3 price of similar by GrandMa, Hog, etc...
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2020, 05:14:13 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 22 queries.