ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC touchmix 30 - panning Aux sends?  (Read 2324 times)

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
QSC touchmix 30 - panning Aux sends?
« on: June 14, 2020, 01:26:59 PM »

Hello everyone,
I’m very green when it comes to working with this digital console and I was hoping to see if someone could assist me.
I’m trying to set up the mix bus/aux sends in stereo but I would like to pan them left and right for each musician for a complete stereo mix on 6 mixes. I know on my Midas, Yamaha and Behringer consoles it’s extremely easy to do, but on this touch mix I’m having a hard time locating the pan buttons in this section?  ???

Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Thanks.
Being a productive member of society and encouraging others to do the same.

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
Re: QSC touchmix 30 - panning Aux sends?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 01:32:07 PM »

From the "Home" page (press the button a few times)...

- Go to Aux Out tab at the top
- Select an Aux send
- Go to setup tab
- Press "Link"
- Confirm in dialogue box

Your Aux sends are now configured as stereo.

You'll note that the tabs down the side of the screen have changed to double-height, and your channel sends have pan controls when you select those Aux sends.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 01:36:21 PM »

From the "Home" page (press the button a few times)...

- Go to Aux Out tab at the top
- Select an Aux send
- Go to setup tab
- Press "Link"
- Confirm in dialogue box

Your Aux sends are now configured as stereo.

You'll note that the tabs down the side of the screen have changed to double-height, and your channel sends have pan controls when you select those Aux sends.

Chris

Oh I see. It’s funny because I had already linked the 6 mix buses but I had no idea that once I linked them that it would automatically configure them as stereo.
I was under the impression that I had to physically slide the pan for aux 1 to the left then aux 2 to the right.

Thank you!

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 04:13:40 PM »

No problem. It's my day-to-day desk, so if you've got any other questions I'm happy to help.

FWIW, if you link the last few Aux sends, they end up coming out of the stereo 1/4" jacks correctly and can drive wired cans.

Cheers,
Chris
www.grimshawaudio.com

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 01:44:48 AM »

No problem. It's my day-to-day desk, so if you've got any other questions I'm happy to help.

FWIW, if you link the last few Aux sends, they end up coming out of the stereo 1/4" jacks correctly and can drive wired cans.

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks Chris,
I do have another question. I setup the board with the routing I wanted for the client and they called me stating that they were able to connect to the wifi to the Touchmix 30 via the ipad app, I walked them through the front panel/Menu/remote access and they were able to allow access to all the ipads running IEM's for the band this evening, however it appears that the console needs an firmware update as they were not able to have any control via ipads (which is what they would like to do for their personal IEM's) He said they were getting a message on their ipads stating that the Touchmix would need to update to the latest the firmware version to allow all the functions to work properly.

I imagine they would have to connect the Touchmix30 to a home wifi router for internet access and visit the QSC firmware page to upload the latest firmware so they can use their ipads? Or can I save the latest firmware on a USB and upload on the Touchmix30?

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 04:53:48 AM »

There are a couple of ways to update the firmware:
- Connect the desk to a router with an internet connection, and the desk can go off and look for updates itself.
- Put the firmware on a USB device and plug it in before power is applied.

My preference is the second one, mostly because it means I don't have to carry the desk around.

However, the notification on the iPad looks scarier than it is - I ran mine that way for a while before updating the firmware. Didn't find any issues at all - just hit "Okay" and carry on.

The firmware versions tend to be in the format of V[Operating system version].[Patch number]. ie, the V1 and V2 firmware versions will be markedly different, but V2.0896 will be very similar to V2.1685 (I'm making up numbers here, but you get the idea). An iPad with app version 2.1685 doesn't seem to have any trouble with a desk on V2.0896, but if the desk is V1.7 then I'd expect things to be much more tricky.

Chris
www.grimshawaudio.com

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 04:53:17 AM »

Hey Sam,

Just checking in. Did you get everything up and running okay?

Chris
www.grimshawaudio.com

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 10:41:38 PM »

Hey Sam,

Just checking in. Did you get everything up and running okay?

Chris

Yes sir I did. they had another issue with connectivity last week but they were trying to connect as "wired" instead of the internal "wireless" wifi but I got it working and configured the wireless system and everyone is happy thus far..

Thanks again for your help! :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 10:41:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.