ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LS9 Link sliders  (Read 424 times)

Kirby Bakken

LS9 Link sliders
« on: June 11, 2020, 12:50:17 pm »

We're using the Custom Fader layer, and have two physical sends to a video switcher (Matrix 11/12), patched to MT1/MT2.  We can map MT1/MT2 to the custom fader layer sliders, but would like to either 'combine' them to one fader, or link the faders together.  We know how to link input faders, is there a way to link these output faders?  Or another way to accomplish this?

Thank you,

Kirby

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: LS9 Link sliders
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 01:58:29 pm »

We're using the Custom Fader layer, and have two physical sends to a video switcher (Matrix 11/12), patched to MT1/MT2.  We can map MT1/MT2 to the custom fader layer sliders, but would like to either 'combine' them to one fader, or link the faders together.  We know how to link input faders, is there a way to link these output faders?  Or another way to accomplish this?

Thank you,

Kirby

Only place one of the faders on your custom layer. THey will still be linked and still act normal, but you'll only "see" one fader on the custom layer.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Kirby.Bakken

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 06:21:26 pm »

It's me, Kirby Bakken (again), although this may be a different 'login' for the forums...  I wasn't very clear on my origional question.  The 'sends' are Matrix 11 and 12, and there doesn't seem to be a way to link these two sliders together.  I can link any of the input channels, but not Matrix 11/12.  There's probably an obvious way to do it, but I'm not seeing it. 

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 12:57:16 am »

It's me, Kirby Bakken (again), although this may be a different 'login' for the forums...  I wasn't very clear on my origional question.  The 'sends' are Matrix 11 and 12, and there doesn't seem to be a way to link these two sliders together.  I can link any of the input channels, but not Matrix 11/12.  There's probably an obvious way to do it, but I'm not seeing it.

Put them on a DCA group.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 10:05:30 am »

It's not clear from your first or 2nd post what exactly you are trying to do.

If you are trying to link the 2 Master faders, as it sounds like you are, Link Setup is in the CH JOB screen.
Maybe what you are really looking for has nothing to do with faders, but you want to link Matrix 11 & 12 to be a stereo Matrix? That's in Setup/Bus Setup.
Maybe you are looking to try and send directly from an input channel to a Matrix? You can't do that on the LS9. Only the M7CL and other consoles that came after the LS9.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Kirby Bakken

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 01:48:02 pm »

Andy, (and everyone else), thanks for the great replies to my vague question.  Your solution:

"Maybe what you are really looking for has nothing to do with faders, but you want to link Matrix 11 & 12 to be a stereo Matrix? That's in Setup/Bus Setup." Was exactly what I wanted to do...  turns out it was dumb question.  Clicking on the 'Stereo' button, vs the MonoX2 did exactly what I wanted.  Now I've got a spare slider on the Custom Faders layer!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 01:48:02 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.