ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No network output from QU  (Read 291 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
No network output from QU
« on: May 30, 2020, 05:22:44 pm »

Well oh Pooh! At the show and I have no network output from the QU PAC... I thought it was my iPad but Iíve changed it out and I see no light on the switch ... lights are working so nothing wrong with the WiFi network.. any ideas?
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: No network output from QU
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 05:28:20 pm »

Lights on the Rj45 jacks for both the WAP and the QU?  No lights on the RJ45s means a bad cable, most likely.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 05:32:41 pm »

Lights on the Rj45 jacks for both the WAP and the QU?  No lights on the RJ45s means a bad cable, most likely.
Tried 4 cables then noticed static light on network output - it usually flashes when connected- maybe bad network output connector? Was working five last week at rehearsal
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steven Cohen

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 06:02:17 pm »

If you are using a consumer wireless router, make sure one of the RJ45s is not plugged into the WAN "internet" port.

Well oh Pooh! At the show and I have no network output from the QU PAC... I thought it was my iPad but Iíve changed it out and I see no light on the switch ... lights are working so nothing wrong with the WiFi network.. any ideas?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 06:15:08 pm »

If you are using a consumer wireless router, make sure one of the RJ45s is not plugged into the WAN "internet" port.
Nope not that... I use mesh wap as an extender to a Airport Express. Everything else is fine

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 06:55:58 pm »

Well Iím using Chris out front to send me Morse code... itís a blast!!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 10:57:22 am »

The show was fun - Chris played bass on half the songs in the end so I was on my own and I have never had so much exercise at a show - I was running back and forth listening out front and running back to mix. To be fair once it was dialed in, it wasn't that bad but oh boy it was touch and go there for a while!!
Any one had to mix on a Qu Pac with no wifi control?...yeah. BUT at least I have the control on the front panel- if it had been a QU-SB or similar, I would have been in a world of hurt. BTW - I ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS take a spare mixer to every show....but did I take one yesterday - no I didn't... lesson learned.
Ironically I have never had so many compliments on the sound - What in the world?  LOL.

Anyway, I got it on the bench today and as I feared, a few of the contacts in the network port were bent. I got in there with a long nose pair of tweezers wearing my headlamp glasses and although it was really fiddly to do .....VOILA! everything looks straight and it is working - phew.
Not sure if I can trust it so I might leave an ethernet pigtail attached at all times and coil it up in the rack.
I cannot imagine how this occurred as I am so careful when plugging in any cords but at some point it got damaged and due to the fact we haven't been out for so long, I didn't notice when.
I realized I didn't use the QU Pac for the rehearsal I mentioned earlier, I used the QU 16 so it could have been this way for a while - at least since Feb 29th which was its last show.

Anyway I wanted to report back - thanks for the suggestions guys.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 11:27:13 am by Debbie Dunkley »

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 10:59:49 am »

Oh....... and regarding the Covid situation, everyone was very respectful of everyone else space and I didn't get within 6 feet of anyone the whole time we were there.

Also I ran the generators and I was able to tap into the house ground - I had a few people ask me about the generators because they couldn't believe they were so quiet.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 11:26:50 am »

Oh....... and regarding the Covid situation, everyone was very respectful of everyone else space and I didn't get within 6 feet of anyone the whole time we were there.

Also I ran the generators and I was able to tap into the house ground - I had a few people ask me about the generators because they couldn't believe they were so quiet.

They're amazing little boxes of volts.  Popular with the camping trailer crowd (most towables don't have generators, unlike Class A, B, or C motor homes) because they're quiet and reliable (unlike most things involving RVs and campers).
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 11:26:50 am ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 23 queries.