ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideas for Finding Work in Regional Town  (Read 5326 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Ideas for Finding Work in Regional Town
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2020, 01:04:52 AM »

Brian without giving too much away, do you have some examples of how this has worked?   How did you make the client perceive greater value?

Being beyond reliable is the start.  Showing up early, properly advancing the gig and providing the artist or event coordinator with service that they truly remember.  If you have to do a bar gig treat it like an arena gig and make your talent feel like rock stars.  They will remember that long after the check clears.

Beyond that it's reputation and ability.  You need to be good, this means keeping up with technology as appropriate.  I had trouble transitioning from the community theater I was taking care of to rock shows when I ventured out.   I got great advice and encouragement here.  It was suggested I work on crew for other companies that don't compete.  Best advice I ever got, truly upped my game.

Having inventory and a real company around you helps too.  Trunk slammers, people who work out of personal vehicles and their homes are looked on as low value.  When you have insurance, staff and a warehouse full of gear you can react if someone is sick or gear fails in the field.  If you are a one man show,  and uninsured or under insured it's hard to get to the people that will pay market rate. 

The great news is once you do a few higher profile gigs and people start talking organic growth accelerates quickly.  Now is the time to do your business plan and make sure you are properly financed to manage the growth.  Getting a second chance is very hard.  You have to be ready.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Ideas for Finding Work in Regional Town
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2020, 01:04:52 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.