ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bass players new Eq pedal way cool  (Read 2971 times)

Mal Brown

Bass players new Eq pedal way cool
« on: May 29, 2020, 09:00:33 PM »

I suppose other folks could use it as well..  Source Audio EQ 2 just landed from Sweetwater.   I used and Eq 1 previously.  That was good.  This is like a light year beyond!
https://www.sourceaudio.net/eq2_programmable_equalizer.html
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
Re: Bass players new Eq pedal way cool
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 11:10:45 AM »

I suppose other folks could use it as well..  Source Audio EQ 2 just landed from Sweetwater.   I used and Eq 1 previously.  That was good.  This is like a light year beyond!
https://www.sourceaudio.net/eq2_programmable_equalizer.html

Honestly, if it had an XLR out, I would order it tomorrow, but alas, it does not.  Handy pedal, though, if you need flexible EQ.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 12:22:46 PM »

Honestly, if it had an XLR out, I would order it tomorrow, but alas, it does not.  Handy pedal, though, if you need flexible EQ.
Seems like a shame. All that goodness, and no built-in DI.....
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 12:50:02 PM »

Chris and others - most bass (and guitar) players don't have just 1 pedal for playing live or in the studio - things are on a pedalboard, and there's no way of knowing ahead of time if this is at the beginning, middle or end of the chain. I'm also guessing that most of the people who will pony up for this pedal already have a decent DI box or a DI built into another pedal at the end of their signal chain - or even the pedalboard itself, like in the case of the Temple Audio DI https://www.templeaudio.com/shop/product/mod-di-passive-direct-box-module-697?category=6

All that aside, it is a very cool pedal, and overall Source Audio's pedals have been cutting edge. Not one I'd pick up but totally see the need and ability to change EQ curves would be great.

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 02:11:46 PM »

The EQ2’s output is 600 ohms when the effect is active or in buffered bypass mode, so a 1/4" TS  to XLR adapter could be used if you don't have a DI.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 08:39:11 AM »

Chris and others - most bass (and guitar) players don't have just 1 pedal for playing live or in the studio - things are on a pedalboard, and there's no way of knowing ahead of time if this is at the beginning, middle or end of the chain. I'm also guessing that most of the people who will pony up for this pedal already have a decent DI box or a DI built into another pedal at the end of their signal chain - or even the pedalboard itself, like in the case of the Temple Audio DI https://www.templeaudio.com/shop/product/mod-di-passive-direct-box-module-697?category=6

All that aside, it is a very cool pedal, and overall Source Audio's pedals have been cutting edge. Not one I'd pick up but totally see the need and ability to change EQ curves would be great.
Fair enough Ned.
Most (not all) Bass players I run into these days are of the "Hey man, you got a spare guitar cable" variety....
I give them 2 cables and a countyman, and call it a day....
Chris.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 11:01:27 AM »

Chris - I hear you... I usually only provide PA for our band; our original bass player was that guy, who would also ask before a song "what are the chords?" and his output jack was always intermittent... He lasted a year... since then I've been lucky that bass players I've been with have been organized to have cables, have a bass in good working condition, etc.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 12:02:30 PM »

Fair enough Ned.
Most (not all) Bass players I run into these days are of the "Hey man, you got a spare guitar cable" variety....
I give them 2 cables and a countyman, and call it a day....
Chris.
Chris - I hear you... I usually only provide PA for our band; our original bass player was that guy, who would also ask before a song "what are the chords?" and his output jack was always intermittent... He lasted a year... since then I've been lucky that bass players I've been with have been organized to have cables, have a bass in good working condition, etc.

This may explain why so many soundpersons are, or once were, or married to, a bass player.  ;D 8)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2020, 12:31:52 PM »

This may explain why so many soundpersons are, or once were, or married to, a bass player.  ;D 8)
Hey Tim, that's not a jab at our lovely Mrs. Dunkley, is it? ;D
Chris.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 12:44:08 PM »

I know way more sound guys who ARE bass players, than married to them.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 12:44:08 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.