ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: G.A.S.  (Read 14861 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: G.A.S.
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2020, 05:33:42 PM »

I wanna use my Danley system.... waa waa waa......
My timing has never been good.

Yesterday I used my small powered system so we could fit everything in the van and not have to use the trailer - there wasn't enough room for Ms. Dankley. So still she sits and waits.......
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2020, 07:37:58 PM »

Nope but I missed working with you i early May this year. 😕
pm sent

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2020, 01:01:36 AM »

I wanna use my Danley system....

A local sound co is selling a pair of used Danley subs and an amp to go with.  I can't make out the model, but the ad says 2x15" in each box.  Just before Covid-19 hit I was considering replacing four KW181s with either JTR Captivator 212PRO or pony up more for Danley subs.  And then JTR releases the new 215PRO!  I've been tempted to call the shop with the used Danleys, but remind myself that I just bought a house and have my old house to sell.  Probably not the best time to have GAS.

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2020, 08:48:58 PM »

I’ve bought some Dante gear. X-Dante card for my X32 and some Avio interfaces. Started with the Dante training too. Bought an RF Explorer and downloaded Wireless Workbench. I also help at a local church and have been learning a lot about audio for broadcast/livestream quickly.

Not a huge investment but a good time to lean new technology.
I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2020, 09:42:01 PM »

I've been able to sell 3 guitar pedals I haven't used in a long time (one over 15 years) and that money can go towards a better chorus/flange pedal. We don't play enough gigs where we need to have our own PA anymore, and even if that does go back up, we can always rent and make the band split the cost...

I really did enjoy my 01v as well, but sold that to get the Mackie DL1608 which is the one piece of gear I'm holding on to so that when we show up and the mixer has 3 channels...

jon mccumber

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2020, 10:25:42 PM »

I finally picked up a trailer. I was out of space in my truck. Now I can buy more gear.

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2020, 11:24:18 AM »

Of course the best thing with PA gear is a year from now you can throw the switch and most if not all of it will come back on.  The other day I plugged everything I had in just to power cycle it. Even my old 2003 Yamaha 01v96 came back on with the same original battery still saying "Yes I'm fine".  I'm letting everything sit for now. I'm thinking this would be the worst time to try and sell anything. If things open up in 6 months to a year from now you can always power back up or sell in a more friendly sales environment.

Yeah, it's a lousy time to be trying to sell something.  I've been keeping an eye on the local buy/sell listings, but nothing has jumped out at me.  Luckily, everything I have is paid for, and I have some cash in the bank to cover overhead (mostly just rent and phone).  I do a little bit of service work, but every gig I had booked between March and July has been canceled.  There are usually a couple open air church services in August, and I'm hoping things will be relaxed enough for those to happen this year.

Oddly enough, the only console I've used lately has been an old 01V96, for my own church's streamed services.  It's the right size to put in the back of the car with the few other things I need to do that, and has all the processing I need.  I don't normally get involved in the weekly church services, but this was out of the regulars' comfort zone (and they're all 70+ year old, high risk men) and what else am I going to do?  ;)  It's been a while since I worked late on a Saturday night.

My other "interest" is photography, and I have seen a few more pro items for sale than usual.  It could be that the wedding photogs are taking a hit too.  My sense is that fine art is also suffering because the people that would normally be spending money on that sort of thing are being cautious, even if they still have lots of dough.

GTD

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2020, 12:06:59 PM »

My other "interest" is photography, and I have seen a few more pro items for sale than usual.  It could be that the wedding photogs are taking a hit too.  My sense is that fine art is also suffering because the people that would normally be spending money on that sort of thing are being cautious, even if they still have lots of dough.

GTD

I want to get back into silver-based photography.  The house I bought 8 years ago had part of the garage converted to a photographic darkroom.  It was a happy coincidence that I still had some of my old darkroom gear in storage at my mom's house... Right now the 'darkroom' is storage, too, but at some point I hope to be mixing up chemicals and watching black and white images appear on paper.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2020, 12:26:19 PM »

Been a while for me too. When I got married, it was either move into my apartment (with a bathroom/darkroom) or move into the wife's duplex. (bathroom only)  :P
All the gear is in storage.
I tried donating it to a school 15 years ago. They had no interest. "Got any surplus digital cameras?"
My Dad was a newspaper photographer (Speed Graific) before I came on the scene. I was making prints by the time I was 5...
Chris.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 12:28:20 PM by Chris Hindle »
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

John L Nobile

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2020, 12:37:20 PM »

I bought the Arturia softsynth collection to play with. Got it setup and tried a bunch of different modules. Not bad but not nearly as good as a real hardware synth.

Shortly afterwards, I got called back to work and now the golf courses are open so it doesn't look like it'll be getting much use.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2020, 12:37:20 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.