ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: XR18 issue  (Read 6615 times)

Dan Mortensen

Re: XR18 issue
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2020, 04:42:49 PM »

The Apple AirPort Express A1264 is not straightforward to configure for gear interconnection because it does not have a LAN port, nor the ability to create a local network, it just has a single WAN port.

I have a couple of those that stopped being useful or fully functional quite a few years ago, long before the X32 was introduced.

The 'newer' A1392 version is a better choice because it has an independent switched LAN port.

That is the only version I have ever configured for use with the X/M 32 /XAir mixers. Everything I've ever said about this subject is about that one.

It, too, is no longer made but you can still exorbitantly buy refurbs on Amazon, which I haven't done. The ones I have are still working adequately.

duane massey

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2020, 10:43:03 PM »

Quick update: since there have been no gigs I stopped trying until today. Used a different laptop and it works perfectly, with no changes to anything. Thanks to everyone for the help.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

duane massey

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2020, 01:00:05 AM »

And now for my truly "doh" moment: It finally dawned on me that the original laptop was set to go into "sleep" mode after 5 mins of no activity. I changed the settings to "never" and now it works like it is supposed to. I am really too old to play with computers.......
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2020, 01:00:05 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.