ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Having trouble locating rack ears for Behringer SD8  (Read 4542 times)

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
Having trouble locating rack ears for Behringer SD8
« on: May 28, 2020, 11:13:57 AM »

Well, like the topic says, I am having issues locating a set of rack ears for a Behringer SD8 that I purchased used.  I would like the options to rack mount this unit in a case with my X32 rack.  I am going to reach out to Musictribe once I can navigate their labyrinthine web site, but figured I would check with the folks here as well.  Thanks!

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
Re: Having trouble locating rack ears for Behringer SD8
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 01:55:07 PM »

Well, like the topic says, I am having issues locating a set of rack ears for a Behringer SD8 that I purchased used.  I would like the options to rack mount this unit in a case with my X32 rack.  I am going to reach out to Musictribe once I can navigate their labyrinthine web site, but figured I would check with the folks here as well.  Thanks!
Isn't it irkesome when rack ears go missing.  I remember struggling to find mine a couple of years after purchase, when I wanted to rackmount it for a project.  Thankfully, all came good.  Hard and expensive to replace with the original parts.

There's nothing very special about the SD8/XR12 ears that wouldn't be easy to make out of bent metal sheet if you or someone you know has the capability.

Alternatively, there's been quite an industry with 3D printing these - particularly those that print a bracket with a hole to allow cable access.  Admittedly, mostly for the larger XR18/XR16/SD16 form factor, but follow this thread and you'll see who you can ask.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:03:26 PM by Alec Spence »

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 03:20:24 AM »

You may be in luck.  We have an XR12 that a DJ touched and it exploded.  Not really but it did work before he used it.  Anyway, I think it is still sitting in the shop somewhere.  If the guys no where it is I can tell you tomorrow, if I have to go digging it may take a bit.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 09:43:12 AM »

You may be in luck.  We have an XR12 that a DJ touched and it exploded.  Not really but it did work before he used it.  Anyway, I think it is still sitting in the shop somewhere.  If the guys no where it is I can tell you tomorrow, if I have to go digging it may take a bit.

Thanks Scott!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 06:58:31 PM »

Thanks Scott!

I do see you want SD8 and not XR12 ears.  That's even easier as our XR-8's are in little foam cases, I have the ears and know where they are.

We had big issues with downtime warehouse and civil unrest last night.  Many of our clients venues destroyed.  House of Blues took a licking too.  This isn't the way I wanted work. 

Point is it may take a few days to find them.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 07:06:59 PM »

I do see you want SD8 and not XR12 ears.
Aren't they the same?  I know XR18/XR16/SD16 all share the same form factor & rack ears - it would be madness if XR12/SD8 each had their own form factor.

We had big issues with downtime warehouse and civil unrest last night.  Many of our clients venues destroyed.  House of Blues took a licking too.  This isn't the way I wanted work.
That's too sad.  It's bad enough that, here in the UK, we have to deal with Covid-19 and incompetent political leadership.  You guys have all that too and now this to contend with...

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 11:09:10 AM »

I do see you want SD8 and not XR12 ears.  That's even easier as our XR-8's are in little foam cases, I have the ears and know where they are.

Point is it may take a few days to find them.

I am in no rush, and am grateful for your offer of assistance.  Please stay safe above all else.

Thanks!

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 09:59:40 AM »

Quick follow up: finally heard from Music Tribe and I have a set of SD8 ears on the way.  Took a bit to get a response, but, in theory, a set of SD8 ears should be here next week.  Total cost was under $15, most of which was shipping.  I will update when I get the parts. 

Scott, if you have not had a chance to go look for a set of ears, I think we can put that on hold for the moment.  Your offer of assistance is still much appreciated, though.

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 10:39:16 AM »

Total cost was under $15, most of which was shipping.
While that's a ridiculous cost for two pieces of bent metal, it's quite a bit less than I would have expected.

I'll also say now, when you rack mount this one, don't lose the rubber bumpers!  While they're fixed with four screws, the rack ears just use two.  I'd recommend keeping the spare screws in the unused holes on the ends of the XR18.  While they don't sit flush, it's inside the rack, so no-one will care.  And, should you wish to put the bumpers back on in future, as long as you can still find the bumpers, you'll have the screws for them, too.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 09:37:23 PM »

Quick follow up: finally heard from Music Tribe and I have a set of SD8 ears on the way.  Took a bit to get a response, but, in theory, a set of SD8 ears should be here next week.  Total cost was under $15, most of which was shipping.  I will update when I get the parts. 

Scott, if you have not had a chance to go look for a set of ears, I think we can put that on hold for the moment.  Your offer of assistance is still much appreciated, though.

I never heard back from them when I needed MR18 rack ears. I had a pair 3D printed for about $50

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 09:37:23 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.