ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony DWR  (Read 922 times)

Loren Miller

Sony DWR
« on: May 28, 2020, 09:11:03 AM »

So during the death of live events I've been playing videographer. I'm learning a lot and it is a great to be challenged while still being creative, plus video guys generally don't know much about sound, you scan their wireless for clean channels and set the gains and squelches on their packs and they think you are audio Jesus! Show them how to use a HPF and they loose it and give you a raise (true story from Monday!)  Plus corp video is 9-4pm M-F and the catering is way better, have yet to be handed a pizza!

I've been working a lot with various 2.4 and low end uhf wireless, it is crazy because I wouldn't touch this stuff with a 100' pole in a live event setting, but with 4 people in a room and 20' clear line of site this garbage actually works. Still not a fan though.

Yesterday I was on a bigger budget shoot and this guy hands me the wireless and it is a Sony DWR-R03D 2ch rack with body packs. I had never seen this and did a quick manual download (my secret weapon on set with different equipment that is all different from audio brands except for Senn G3/4) Turns out this is Sony's Axient. Great workflow, had Dante and sounded really good.

I didn't dig too far, but couldn't find any prices, reviews online. Anyone here have any experience with this unit? How does the $/ch compare to Axient?

Loren

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Sony DWR
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 09:26:39 AM »

So during the death of live events I've been playing videographer. I'm learning a lot and it is a great to be challenged while still being creative, plus video guys generally don't know much about sound, you scan their wireless for clean channels and set the gains and squelches on their packs and they think you are audio Jesus! Show them how to use a HPF and they loose it and give you a raise (true story from Monday!)  Plus corp video is 9-4pm M-F and the catering is way better, have yet to be handed a pizza!

I've been working a lot with various 2.4 and low end uhf wireless, it is crazy because I wouldn't touch this stuff with a 100' pole in a live event setting, but with 4 people in a room and 20' clear line of site this garbage actually works. Still not a fan though.

Yesterday I was on a bigger budget shoot and this guy hands me the wireless and it is a Sony DWR-R03D 2ch rack with body packs. I had never seen this and did a quick manual download (my secret weapon on set with different equipment that is all different from audio brands except for Senn G3/4) Turns out this is Sony's Axient. Great workflow, had Dante and sounded really good.

I didn't dig too far, but couldn't find any prices, reviews online. Anyone here have any experience with this unit? How does the $/ch compare to Axient?

Loren

For those paying attention to the Practical Show Tech series of webinars, yesterday's was about the Sony line of RF mics, with explanations of all that. It should be up in the archive now. PracticalShowTech.com

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Sony DWR
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 09:26:39 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.