ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Single 31-band stereo EQ for F.O.H.  (Read 5784 times)

Larry Rochelle

Single 31-band stereo EQ for F.O.H.
« on: April 04, 2011, 12:12:29 AM »

My question is in regards to using a F.O.H. 31-band stereo EQ for the main mix output. I have a small system consisting of K-Array KR200s for mains, A&H ZED428 out front, and a A&H MixWizard for monitors. When setting the house EQ in stereo, I manually try to mirror the referenced 31-band channel (right) to the 2nd 31-band (left). Is this typical? I have found very few options in a digital single 31-band stereo EQ. What I have found is either a cheap compromise, or is high end cost prohibitive. I use a Yamaha o1v96 in my home project studio and I am looking forward to moving into a live digital mixer. For now I am getting by in my present reality. This may be painfully obvious, but this is my maiden forum question. Thanks for understanding.

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
Re: Single 31-band stereo EQ for F.O.H.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 03:11:33 AM »

Ok, so this has been discontinued but I'm sure there are still some around  http://www.mackie.com/products/quadeq/index.html

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 07:26:15 AM »

My question is in regards to using a F.O.H. 31-band stereo EQ for the main mix output. I have a small system consisting of K-Array KR200s for mains, A&H ZED428 out front, and a A&H MixWizard for monitors. When setting the house EQ in stereo, I manually try to mirror the referenced 31-band channel (right) to the 2nd 31-band (left). Is this typical? I have found very few options in a digital single 31-band stereo EQ. What I have found is either a cheap compromise, or is high end cost prohibitive. I use a Yamaha o1v96 in my home project studio and I am looking forward to moving into a live digital mixer. For now I am getting by in my present reality. This may be painfully obvious, but this is my maiden forum question. Thanks for understanding.

Typical of what, and options to do what. You've told us what you're using, you've told us what you plan to use, but you've not said anything about your end goal for the EQ. If your asking would I set one side of the EQ and them simply set the other side to match I would say it's a good place to start.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Dave Barker

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:44:17 AM »

As Bob said I would just duplicate the other side to first selection but if needed you could go to something like this.  It is a great EQ and has the ability to have both channels controled from a single set of faders.

http://www.rane.com/deq60l.html

Larry Rochelle

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 09:53:08 AM »

Thanks for the help. I had seen the Rane product, but missed seeing it's single channel stereo capability. I'm also going to see what might be available from the discontinued Mackie.
I apologize for not being clearer on my goal. My frustration of manually mirroring had me imagining ch1 and ch2 corresponding faders being physically connected to simplify the mirroring process. Just a thought.
Thanks again for the help.

Daniel Cash

• SR Forums
  • Portland, OR
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 10:15:26 AM »

One product that allows you to link EQ settings across multiple channels is the Alesis DEQ830. It also has ADAT in and out... so it will interface quite nicely with your Yamaha 01v96. I use this in a live rig with my 01v96 for eq on both mains and monitors, and recommend it.

I think Alesis makes a 2 channel version, but i have not used it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 10:15:26 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.