ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Infrared System  (Read 3165 times)

Giacomo Galassi

Infrared System
« on: April 03, 2011, 07:46:50 am »

Hello, I'm working about a silent concert.. everybody in the audience listen to the concert with a pair of headphones powered by an infrared system (like a translation system). I'm searching for a system having no troubles to transmit lower frequencies (<100hz).
I have no budget problem, but I have a lot of problem finding it!!
Thank you!
Giacomo Galassi

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: Infrared System
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 02:56:11 pm »

Hello, I'm working about a silent concert.. everybody in the audience listen to the concert with a pair of headphones powered by an infrared system (like a translation system). I'm searching for a system having no troubles to transmit lower frequencies (<100hz).

Traditional commercial scale wireless headphone systems, whether RF or IR, are designed for the assisted listening and tour guide markets and so concentrate of the vocal frequency range, around 100Hz to about 10kHz, maybe 12kHz, give or take.

That said, the Listen Technologies 72MHz series of assisted listening / tour guide products has a published audio frequency response of 50Hz-15kHz, and their offerings are generally quite good.

Another option is to look at IEM systems and simply buy additional receivers. (This is what Sennheiser offers as one of their TourGuide products.)
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Chris Carpenter

• Baton Rouge
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 06:11:38 pm »

Thank you!
How about a small FM transmitter? Just tell everyone in attendance its bring-your-own-radio... or buy a crapton of them cheap.

Giacomo Galassi

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 06:46:28 pm »

How about a small FM transmitter? Just tell everyone in attendance its bring-your-own-radio... or buy a crapton of them cheap.

I need about 300 systems.. and the show is performed in a theater.
The FM transmitter can be a good idea, but not for this kind of audience.
Thank you Henry, I will take a look at Listen Technologies website, to know if I can rent their systems here in Italy!
Giacomo Galassi

Marcus Baeumler

• Stuttgart Area, Germany
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 05:37:44 am »

Thank you!

Hi Giacomo,

some guys here in Germany organized a silent concert last year and reported about it in a PA related forum (in German, otherwise I would send you a link).
They used this company: Silent Disco Kit from the UK and apparently were very satisfied.
I have no relationship with this company or experience with them, just passing on what I have read.

Marcus

The difference between theory and real life is that in theory there is no difference.

Giacomo Galassi

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 07:27:06 am »

Thank you!

Hi Giacomo,

some guys here in Germany organized a silent concert last year and reported about it in a PA related forum (in German, otherwise I would send you a link).
They used this company: Silent Disco Kit from the UK and apparently were very satisfied.
I have no relationship with this company or experience with them, just passing on what I have read.

Marcus

Thank you very much Marcus!
Giacomo Galassi

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 07:27:06 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 23 queries.