ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Misting Tent near Air-Co units  (Read 12154 times)

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
Re: Misting Tent near Air-Co units
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 11:59:23 AM »

Always do the right thing. I would never have forgiven myself if I had left her wandering on the street and later found out she had been abducted. Same goes for safety situations. If I see something I consider to be dangerous I feel it's better to find the right authorities and be vocal about it, rather than shutting up and watching someone die. I would put saving lives ahead of legality any day.

Thank you so much for posting that.  BTW you stopped doing your job opening your self up to liability Bla Bla Bla.  Thank You.

I bristle when I hear a good technical discussion short circuited with liability / legal.  You have addressed this perfectly.  I think it should go at the permanent top of the page.

You did good at the time and you did good by posting it.
Not to Code

Nebufly

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2020, 08:54:28 PM »

My wife is a manager at a catering company, and she's worried about an upcoming gig this weekend where they're putting a misting tent right next to the building's outside air conditioner units. Yes, the big pad mounted kind. She's worried because 30 years ago a kid in her neighborhood was electrocuted from a puddle on the ground caused by a little wading pool next to the same sort of pad mounted air conditioning unit. She's worried about the same possibility from a misting tent which will certainly have a big puddle of water on the ground contacting the air-co gear.

I told her if the air-co units were properly bonded to ground then it should be safe. But if something went wrong with the EGC, then a gradient voltage could spread across the puddle and can cause shock or electrocution from a dozen feet away from the air-co units. Putting water features such as portable swimming pools and misting tents next to electrical gear seems like a very bad idea to me.

Have you guys had this situation happen at a festival? Were you able to convince the managers to move the tents, of did your suggestions just fall on deaf ears? I'm going to give my wife an NCVT and show her how to use it. That's the least I can do since I'm on another gig 30 miles away.

Outdoor restaurants are generally designed with flowers, trees or grotesque sculptures.

But always feel something is missing;

People who enjoy eating outdoors like to be comfortable and smell the fresh air.

Flowers and trees alone cannot make customers feel relaxed and happy, and the whole design will appear very popular, not so novel.

Whether the restaurant or amusement park design is the most attractive to customers, to environmental protection, good-looking, simple, but also let a person can remember.
https://www.nebufly.com/misting-system/high-pressure-misting-system/landscaping-cooling-outdoor-misting-system.html

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2020, 09:21:53 PM »

Outdoor restaurants are generally designed with flowers, trees or grotesque sculptures.
Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

This is your 2nd warning.

Mac
admin

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2020, 09:21:53 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.