ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Hodag country music fest in Northern Wisconsin is on!  (Read 9860 times)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: Hodag country music fest in Northern Wisconsin is on!
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2020, 07:33:48 PM »

There's been a lot of political talk in this thread. I'm surprised it's stuck around. Maybe since dissenting opinions have been held back, and maybe since the mods agree with most of the comments, it's ok.
I skimmed back over the thread and I'm not sure I see the "political" comments you are referring to.
No comment on the second part of your post.
Anyway, I'm not happy to see a concert postponed but it may be the best decision at this point.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2020, 07:59:37 PM »

There's a major country concert festival about 20 minutes from me every year in early July and it cancelled last week.
It's a three day A and B+ list national act festival.
I guessing most of their acts had already cancelled their shows for the year anyway leaving them no choice.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 07:22:13 AM by Mike Caldwell »

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2020, 08:02:29 PM »

There's been a lot of political talk in this thread. I'm surprised it's stuck around. Maybe since dissenting opinions have been held back, and maybe since the mods agree with most of the comments, it's ok.

You are free to report posts if you feel offended.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2020, 02:26:47 AM »

There's been a lot of political talk in this thread. I'm surprised it's stuck around.

Science doesn't care about your politics.

COVID-19 doesn't care about your politics.

Because neither one is politics.

Maybe since dissenting opinions have been held back, and maybe since the mods agree with most of the comments, it's ok.

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,173766.0/topicseen.html
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:34:38 AM by Jason Glass »

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2020, 04:50:36 AM »

Science doesn't care about your politics.

COVID-19 doesn't care about your politics.

Because neither one is politics.

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,173766.0/topicseen.html

Amen, if I hear "rights" one more time I may get violent.  Some of the clubs are opening back up, spiking stages for distancing, tables apart, looks boring as all get out to me.  My guys are already taking work from the bars and we have been moving TV's, upgrading non-production sound to get audio into the whole space.  That part was not expected and we are following all the guidelines we can find on working, including only closed facilities while we upgrade.  I am grateful for the work, I am concerned about the guys working in the clubs, the good behavior is not going to last and we will let our guard down. 

There is also a very odd bonding between the non-mask wearers, have to make sure I am choosing businesses that are exhibiting common sense and trying to protect their clients. 

I did go out and eat on a patio the other night, brought my own hot sauce, my wife cracked up. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2020, 06:51:40 AM »

I came across and interesting visual representation of Covid against other causes of death, globally,  over the first few months of this year.
Covid starts out at the bottom but ...yikes! Gives a bit of perspective. Politics and religion free :)
https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/2562261/?fbclid=IwAR01e3fWvxcXhGUnBSSYgToWD0YqHcxXWA9Ux4PqWUJfqjy977MwX_ZEfIo
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Scott Slater

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2020, 07:06:42 AM »

I came across and interesting visual representation of Covid against other causes of death, globally,  over the first few months of this year.
Covid starts out at the bottom but ...yikes! Gives a bit of perspective. Politics and religion free :)

Sadly this kind of misleading stuff is being shared by many on social media, without a clear understanding of the underlying data.  This is why they are banning these kinds of charts.  They generally leave out other factors such as R0, which are very important when looking at the data.

One can make a chart with data that shows what that person wants it to show by being creative with the data, so this kind of thing spreads too easily giving people very false and misleading and quite frankly dangerous (mis)information.

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2020, 08:27:47 AM »

My wifes grandaughter (who hangs out around us a fair bit) had purple lips back in early Feb.  Purple lips are a sign of Covid 19, but she had no other flu like symptoms.

It went away after a few days.  So did she have it, did I get exposed but had no symptoms?  I had an antibody test 2 weeks ago and there was no indication that I had been exposed.  But I've heard there are questions about the validity of the antibody test, so again, what do you believe?

Does she drink much red wine?

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2020, 08:52:33 AM »

Sadly this kind of misleading stuff is being shared by many on social media, without a clear understanding of the underlying data.  This is why they are banning these kinds of charts.  They generally leave out other factors such as R0, which are very important when looking at the data.

One can make a chart with data that shows what that person wants it to show by being creative with the data, so this kind of thing spreads too easily giving people very false and misleading and quite frankly dangerous (mis)information.

What specifically discredits this chart?

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2020, 09:13:32 AM »

That chart doesn't appear to be misleading at all.  It seems to quite adequately illustrate the insane virulence and deadliness of the disease.  It cites its sources and further study shows them to be reputable.

What seems more dangerous to me is a non-MD, non-PhD, non-immunologist attempting discredit a well done source of information that so clearly illustrates such a profound threat to health and life.

R0 has little to do with simply counting dead human beings per day, per cause of death.  It's only relevant if you're going to dig into each study that is the source of this data, which in this case happen to be quite well respected in the immunology community.   A few minutes of digging found that they are peer-reviewed and published, or currently being conducted by those who have previously been peer-reviewed and published.  An immunology study does not pass peer review after ignoring R0.

EDIT: PS- It doesn't escape the astute viewer that this chart leaves out heart disease, tuberculosis, and automobile accidents.  The astute viewer also knows that they are not necessary to illustrate an exponential growth in rate of COVID-19 deaths that most definitely should be alarming to the entire human race, and would most likely distract a certain sad percentage of not so astute viewers from learning the lesson being presented.  The kind of not so astute viewers who are angry that a gig is canceled where it's a longtime customary tradition for half-clothed strangers to collide sweaty bodies into each other, hold up their alcoholic beverages, and slur, "Happy HODAG!"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 10:16:52 AM by Jason Glass »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2020, 09:13:32 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.