Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

X32 Stereo Image Not Being Captured In Live-stream.

(1/2) > >>

Toby Marks:
Hello.  At my church we have been conducting live stream services using the Behringer X32 .  My set up goes like this:

Channels > Subgroups > Stereo Matrices > Output 1&2 > Focusrite 2i2 > Computer > OBS.

Anytime I create a stereo image for the live stream, members whose phones are in Mono can not hear, but those whose phones can pick up Stereo can hear fine.  I assumed this was because the signal did not translate to Mono.  In efforts to try and keep some sort of stereo image, but still make sure my mix could be heard in mono I changed my stereo matrices to 2 Mono ones (I un-linked them).  Unfortunately that did not make a difference, and I had to use one Mono Matrix to capture our sound.

To me the live stream sounds far better in Stereo.  Could any one explain why this is happening along with a solution to this?  Thank you.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Toby Marks on May 22, 2020, 04:38:38 PM ---Hello.  At my church we have been conducting Behringer X32 services.  My set up goes like this:

Channels > Subgroups > Stereo Matrices > Output 1&2 > Focusrite 2i2 > Computer > OBS.

Anytime I create a stereo image for the live stream, members whose phones are in Mono can not hear, but those whose phones can pick up Stereo can hear fine.  I assumed this was because the signal did not translate to Mono.  In efforts to try and keep some sort of stereo image, but still make sure my mix could be heard in mono I changed my stereo matrices to 2 Mono ones (I un-linked them).  Unfortunately that did not make a difference, and I had to use one Mono Matrix to capture our sound.

To me the live stream sounds far better in Stereo.  Could any one explain why this is happening along with a solution to this?  Thank you.

--- End quote ---

Your feed to the stream is probably out of polarity on one channel, so instead of summing in a mono signal it cancels. This can happen at several points in the chain.

Mac

Corey Scogin:

--- Quote from: Toby Marks on May 22, 2020, 04:38:38 PM ---Anytime I create a stereo image for the live stream, members whose phones are in Mono can not hear, but those whose phones can pick up Stereo can hear fine.

--- End quote ---

It sounds like the signal polarity is getting swapped at some point in the signal chain.
Make sure the polarity invert button isn't set on one of the Focusrite inputs or the X32 matrix outputs.
Then try different cables between the X32 and the Focusrite.

Edit: PS: Which is also what Mac said and beat me to it.

Tracy Garner:

--- Quote from: Toby Marks on May 22, 2020, 04:38:38 PM ---Hello.  At my church we have been conducting Behringer X32 services.  My set up goes like this:

--- End quote ---

Depending on where you are streaming (like facebook) its MONO anyway. Go Stereo to OBS and change your OBS settings to MONO. See if that helps.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Tracy Garner on May 22, 2020, 06:43:59 PM ---
Depending on where you are streaming (like facebook) its MONO anyway. Go Stereo to OBS and change your OBS settings to MONO. See if that helps.

--- End quote ---

That won’t change the cancellation on summing, just make it happen in a different place. Occam’s Razor implies there is a channel out of polarity. Miswired cables are a common occurrence and a channel out of polarity will make a stereo signal sum to zero when the two channels are combined to mono, no matter how.

Mac

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version