ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: We're done until March 2021  (Read 796 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • back home in Oklahoma
    • My homepage
We're done until March 2021
« on: May 22, 2020, 04:36:37 pm »

Just got the official email from management. The Blue Man Group tour will not resume before March 2021.

I was really hoping that we would resume in August like they thought. But I didn't think it would be possible. And now it looks like it won't be.

This is not the news I wanted to start the weekend with. I feel so disoriented now. Like I'm waking through a fog with no way to tell what direction I'm going or which way I should be heading.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
Re: We're done until March 2021
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 05:47:14 pm »

Just got the official email from management. The Blue Man Group tour will not resume before March 2021.

I was really hoping that we would resume in August like they thought. But I didn't think it would be possible. And now it looks like it won't be.

This is not the news I wanted to start the weekend with. I feel so disoriented now. Like I'm waking through a fog with no way to tell what direction I'm going or which way I should be heading.

Sorry to hear that, Justice.  Do you have any potential job leads to fill in the gap?

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • back home in Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 06:09:00 pm »

Sorry to hear that, Justice.  Do you have any potential job leads to fill in the gap?
Nada. Zip, zero, zilch.

No one is hiring audio engineers. There's no local events happening. Even if things do start back up, it will be September before the local arts organizations start producing again.

I'm looking at options. Maybe it would be a good time to start that barbecue restaurant food truck trailer push cart I always wanted.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

dave briar

• Helena Montana
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 07:17:29 pm »

Very sorry to hear sir, though as you note, not too surprising I guess.

[in-jest-sort-of]If for some odd reason you find yourself passing near Helena (COVID-free) Montana this summer I can give you a shift or two at our venue. It only pays $20/hr (buy enough gas to get you to Yellowstone Park?) and it may well be a cover band but it is live music. [/end-jest]

Sorry, I donít mean to add insult to injury. Humor is all we have left sometimes. 
..db

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 07:50:56 pm »

Sorry to hear this, Justice. It will be no consolation, but I think you are just the messenger of what many if not all the rest of us will be facing as the year slowly progresses.

God help us all, and you more immediately.

MikeHarris

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 01:27:17 am »

i was speaking with Joe L who does monitors for Ricky Martin who believes it may be even longer...June 2021. Starting back up the touring juggernaut even slower internationally.
Sauce on the side..please.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 03:22:21 pm »

Nada. Zip, zero, zilch.

No one is hiring audio engineers. There's no local events happening. Even if things do start back up, it will be September before the local arts organizations start producing again.

I'm looking at options. Maybe it would be a good time to start that barbecue restaurant food truck trailer push cart I always wanted.

It's not the best time to be in the bar/restaurant/food service business, trust me. 

Here in STL we could open if we wish but only at 1/4 capacity.  Some have opened, others have not.  I'm opting to wait until at least June 2, and if the restrictions don't ease up we will wait longer. 

There's also no way we can resume live music in the foreseeable future.  I had three awesome jazz trios weekly. It's a giant shit sandwich and lot of people are having to take a bite.
"It's got electrolytes.  It's got what plants crave."

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 04:54:31 pm »

It's a giant shit sandwich and lot of people are having to take a bite.

Vivid, and astonishingly accurate.

And nearly everyplace is serving from the same menu.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 06:36:33 pm »

Quite a few local places here are having live music this evening. Restaurants are allowed 50% capacity. The club/restataurant we were booked to play this evening (before 'this') called and said he didn't want to risk the band although they are open for restaurant business.
I have to say I was relieved. After folks being cooped up for so long I have a feeling it's gonna be crazy out there tonight.

Justice - so sorry this is happening to you. I hope something  good comes your way to bridge the gap for you.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Dave Pluke

• BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 06:46:44 pm »

Restaurants are allowed 50% capacity.
Rhetorical question; have they doubled prices to make up the difference?

It's probably easier for Restaurants and Bars to adjust budgets, but I wonder how the Theaters Justice was working are going to host touring productions with 50% or less of their Sold-Out revenues.

Sure hope the Vaccine developers are successful. Soon.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 06:46:44 pm ¬Ľ

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 23 queries.