Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

Storing Labhorns in non-climate-controlled garage in Midwest for summer

(1/5) > >>

Benjamin Goulart:
Should I be worried about humidity effects on the subs if I store them in a garage for the summer on wooden pallets and covered in tarps.  It gets hot and humid in Ohio.  I have the option of actually moving to a place where I can keep them in a climate controlled situation, but if there are big risks to the subs my options narrow from a several choices to fewer if this is an issue to be concerned about.

Douglas R. Allen:

--- Quote from: Benjamin Goulart on May 16, 2020, 07:38:29 PM ---Should I be worried about humidity effects on the subs if I store them in a garage for the summer on wooden pallets and covered in tarps.  It gets hot and humid in Ohio.  I have the option of actually moving to a place where I can keep them in a climate controlled situation, but if there are big risks to the subs my options narrow from a several choices to fewer if this is an issue to be concerned about.

--- End quote ---

In hot or cold storage I always lay the tarp down, put the speaker/sub on it and tie the tarp up on the top. A lot of humidity , moisture , frost what have you starts on the ground and works up. Seems to keep moisture out better and the constant cycle of moist/dry , moist/dry cycle from effecting stored items as much.

Douglas R. Allen

Benjamin Goulart:
Heck, I didn't even think about the issue of humidity freezing in the winter.  One of my options would put them in a garage for longer than summer.

Dennis Wiggins:
I put 2x4 "sleepers" underneath the cabinet feet and make sure there is at least 2" all around for air to circulate. The clearance is especially true along exterior walls.

-Dennis

Scott Holtzman:
Please don't listen to these other posts, they don't know the unique climate sensitivities of the lab sub.

We have a hermetically sealed, climatically fulfilled, bonded labhorn storage facility in our shop.  As a service to the LAB we will store them for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version