ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Storing Labhorns in non-climate-controlled garage in Midwest for summer  (Read 5809 times)

Benjamin Goulart

Should I be worried about humidity effects on the subs if I store them in a garage for the summer on wooden pallets and covered in tarps.  It gets hot and humid in Ohio.  I have the option of actually moving to a place where I can keep them in a climate controlled situation, but if there are big risks to the subs my options narrow from a several choices to fewer if this is an issue to be concerned about.

Douglas R. Allen

Should I be worried about humidity effects on the subs if I store them in a garage for the summer on wooden pallets and covered in tarps.  It gets hot and humid in Ohio.  I have the option of actually moving to a place where I can keep them in a climate controlled situation, but if there are big risks to the subs my options narrow from a several choices to fewer if this is an issue to be concerned about.

In hot or cold storage I always lay the tarp down, put the speaker/sub on it and tie the tarp up on the top. A lot of humidity , moisture , frost what have you starts on the ground and works up. Seems to keep moisture out better and the constant cycle of moist/dry , moist/dry cycle from effecting stored items as much.

Douglas R. Allen

Benjamin Goulart

Heck, I didn't even think about the issue of humidity freezing in the winter.  One of my options would put them in a garage for longer than summer.

Dennis Wiggins

I put 2x4 "sleepers" underneath the cabinet feet and make sure there is at least 2" all around for air to circulate. The clearance is especially true along exterior walls.

-Dennis

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

Please don't listen to these other posts, they don't know the unique climate sensitivities of the lab sub.

We have a hermetically sealed, climatically fulfilled, bonded labhorn storage facility in our shop.  As a service to the LAB we will store them for you.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA

Please don't listen to these other posts, they don't know the unique climate sensitivities of the lab sub.

We have a hermetically sealed, climatically fulfilled, bonded labhorn storage facility in our shop.  As a service to the LAB we will store them for you.

For a small fee. . .
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...

Why are you covering them?  I'd just put them on pallets or dollys, unless there's a real need.  I've stored my gear that way for over 20 years and no issues, as long as the building is sound with no roof leaks. 

Is there power there?  If so, a dehumidifier would help, as would a ceiling fan.

Best regards,

John

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England

Will you also provide a regular take them out to test them service?

Steve.

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio

Those LabSubs are like rotary engines - gotta give them a good thrashing every now and again. All part of the service, sir.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

Will you also provide a regular take them out to test them service?

Steve.

Of course, if we ever go back to work again. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.