ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: feeler (it's a longshot) Trade My XR18 for a compact analog desk? SC 800/600/etc  (Read 247 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography

I'm doing a lot more home based mixing and editing nowadays. I have a perfect XR18 sitting here doing nothing, and I really don't know why I kept it when I closed shop.

I'm looking to get a 8 to 24 channel compact mixer to do hardware summing at home. I don't have a ton of space for it, so a small frame board is necessary for me. Ideally I would like a Soundcraft 6000 16 channel. I would consider anything from the 200B up to a Delta (with the expanded strips hopefully).

Not sure what else is actually out there. I'm not super-savvy with studio boards at all. Hence the leaning to 200/800/delta stuff. That's what I know and also, Those old Soundcraft tanks were my first "big boy" consoles I ever used, so there's some strong nostalgia happening!

If needed I could throw in a couple extras with my XR, but really I'm looking to do a straight up trade. I have digital gear I'm not using, maybe you have old analog stuff doing the same. Let's meet in the middle. Do you like Pina Colada's?

This stupid video got me feeling all nostalgic. This would be perfect for me, and is the studio brother of my first console love, the Soundcraft 8000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDRB44q-rxk

*EDIT*

I would be interested in a trade for a Guitar in the 300-400 dollar range as well. I'm a strat guy, but the older I get the more I like wider necks. So Strats (SSS or HSS), Tele's, Les Paul types, 335 Types (Like the Ibanez Artcore ish) are on the table. No scary metal guitars. Needs to be electric. I have an acoustic already.

Usage would be for noodling at home. So while I would like something nice, I totally realize that my budget is "mexican strat" level.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 04:57:16 pm by Tim Weaver »
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.