ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick and easy Allen & Heath Qu series compressor question  (Read 1283 times)

Steve Hanis

I wont be able to access our church's board for next week. We have a new Qu 32 model.
My question is, does the  Allen and Heath Qu series compressor have a gain or makeup gain on the mix master(s) outputs?
I know the individual channels have a post compressor gain for makeup but the manual doesn't make if clear if the Main LR outputs and the Mix outputs have the same post compressor gain available.

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
Re: Quick and easy Allen & Heath Qu series compressor question
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 09:39:23 PM »

If it's like the QU-16, then yes, there is a makeup gain parameter for the L-R compressor.

Coming from the Yamaha universe, I find A&H's level terminology a little hard to get used to.  Instead of referencing levels in absolute dBFS terms, A&H picked an arbitrary "zero" point of -18 or -20 dBFS for the threshold controls.  Maybe that's why users liked the "analog" interface  ;) 

For makeup gain though, dB is dB.

GTD

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 08:08:42 AM »

If it's like the QU-16, then yes, there is a makeup gain parameter for the L-R compressor.

Coming from the Yamaha universe, I find A&H's level terminology a little hard to get used to. 

GTD

Funny, it's one reason I never liked the Yamaha universe.

Best regards,

John

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 08:08:42 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.