ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 to OBS  (Read 4393 times)

Toby Marks

X32 to OBS
« on: April 24, 2020, 08:51:45 PM »

Hello, is it possible to connect my X32 built in interface directly to OBS as a Left and Right signal?  If so how?

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: X32 to OBS
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 09:40:27 PM »

Hello, is it possible to connect my X32 built in interface directly to OBS as a Left and Right signal?  If so how?

Yes. 

For windows you may need a driver.  I'm a mac guy and I'm only going on what I've read elsewhere on that.

On the console make sure your desired channels are routed to the proper card outputs.
In OBS add an Audio Input Capture source and configure it to capture the incoming X32 signal.

That should do it.

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 11:00:58 PM »

You'll set up an Audio Input Capture source in OBS.
OBS doesn't allow you to pick two of the (up to 32) channels coming from the X32 so...
You'll need to route the LR bus (or whichever bus you'd like to record) out of the Card outputs 1&2. There are several ways to route this within the X32. How you route it depends on what you're using for other things.

If you're not using the Aux outputs, I'd recommend you set Card Output 1-8 routing to Aux1-6/M then set Aux Output 1&2 routing to the L&R signals.

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 06:39:01 AM »

Watching with interest. I'm trying to do the same on my QSC TM30Pro, but have ended up running the main outs into a 2-ch USB interface.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 01:27:38 PM »

Watching with interest. I'm trying to do the same on my QSC TM30Pro, but have ended up running the main outs into a 2-ch USB interface.

Chris

A quick scan of the manual indicates the TouchMix 30 does not have the ability to change the default USB output routing to a computer.
Optionally, you could patch an analog output from the TouchMix back to channels 1&2 to get the signals where you need them. Just make sure you mute channels 1&2 on the board. My preference is a 2nd audio interface like you're using now. It's easier to keep track of and avoids any loopback issues.

If either of you are on a Mac, there's an app called Loopback that allows internal re-patching of audio signals amongst devices and apps.
https://www.rogueamoeba.com/loopback/

Toby Marks

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 06:16:13 PM »

A quick scan of the manual indicates the TouchMix 30 does not have the ability to change the default USB output routing to a computer.
Optionally, you could patch an analog output from the TouchMix back to channels 1&2 to get the signals where you need them. Just make sure you mute channels 1&2 on the board. My preference is a 2nd audio interface like you're using now. It's easier to keep track of and avoids any loopback issues.

If either of you are on a Mac, there's an app called Loopback that allows internal re-patching of audio signals amongst devices and apps.
https://www.rogueamoeba.com/loopback/

Hey Corey.  I attempted to do your first method and I heard a static type of noise, though it seemed to be picking up signal in OBS.  I found another way to get this to work.. sending a left and right signal to my 2nd audio interface. Its working that way, but I wish I could have it go straight to the computer.  Thanks for the help.

Tracy Garner

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 05:57:53 PM »

I'm using X32 Rack for OBS

Mixbus 1 and 2 are what I send to OBS.
Your X-USB settings are key to making it work.

Input Routing: Choose Card = Channel 17-24. This will enable you to output Zoom or whatever is on that computer to X32 channel 17-18. In Zoom or whatever it will look like OUT 1-2. OUT 1-2 from PC = Channel 17-18 in X-32.

Card Out = OUT 1-8, 9-16. This will enable OBS to see the card. You will be able to see it as IN 1-2 in OBS

SO....send everything you want to go to OBS to Mixbus 1-2.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 06:00:18 PM by Tracy Garner »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 05:57:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.