ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Drive in Concerts  (Read 1426 times)

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
Re: Drive in Concerts
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2020, 04:40:38 pm »

Drive in concerts have a bunch of issues with the biggest being the promoters will not make enough money to put on the show

As an attendee, and a performer there are other issues with the biggest one of why play for a “live” crowd when you can’t hear applause or get audience response, or why attend as an audience member when you can’t get the “vibe” of being in a crowd sharing the live experience. 

Other factors include:

Not being able to see the bands or video screen well

Not being able to see over some vehicles

Not having a great sound system in your car to enjoy the audio

Not feeling the bass pulse (no car EDM shows)

Limited bathroom and vending options (What are they gonna do with bathroom lines? Make you stand in lines 6 feet apart?)

I just don’t see car concerts being a real thing.

I think shows will come back but there might be screening at the door. Attendees could have their temperature taken before they are let in, that kind of thing.

Pay Per View online concerts might become a thing as folks could sit in their comfy homes and listen on a good stereo or headphones while hanging with some friends. Performers could mix live performances with pre-recorded content like music videos, interviews, etc.

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Drive in Concerts
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2020, 04:40:38 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.