ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: XR18 simple control surface suggestion  (Read 19341 times)

duane massey

Re: XR18 simple control surface suggestion
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2020, 02:15:53 PM »

Windows 10 is still free. No need to pay unless you need to change the desktop or a few other typically unimportant settings.
https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you-dont-need-a-product-key-to-install-and-use-windows-10/
Thanks for this, Andrew.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2020, 08:11:32 PM »

Windows 10 is still free. No need to pay unless you need to change the desktop or a few other typically unimportant settings.
https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you-dont-need-a-product-key-to-install-and-use-windows-10/

interesting.  I've got a windows 7 machine that was becoming useless because i didn't have windows 10, but i didn't want to spend any money on it.

definitely looking into this.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2020, 08:13:14 PM »

"just a guy, trying to help"

- Sam Kinnison
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Olivier Merlet

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2020, 02:57:07 PM »

No worries.
I took a look at that link, since that sort of automation stuff interests me, even though I'm not really in the Behringer world. I was curious why it was "Windows Only", especially since it's not even a GUI type application.
AutoIt is a scripting language for Windows (I used it a lot for automating things on Windows back in the day). Not normally used for applications; complex automation that can't be done with batch files, yes, but not normally stand-alone programs. It'd likely be pretty clunky to do a communication app, but obviously this person was able to pull it off!
If it were done in another language, potentially a version that works cross-platform wouldn't be hard to make.

Hi!
I'm the guy who did this app! I agree AutoIt was quite a strange choice of language to write this app at the beginning. But I have to say I discovered by doing it a more powerfull language I though it was! AutoIt 3 is definitely more than just a scripting language.
For the story: I'm a musician/actor/maker with an engineering degree in electronic. I started to write this app for my own needs. I have a Midas MR18. I'm on windows. And I was searching for a way to control my MR18 over the network using a simple midi controller. And I though would be better to have a good interaction with M-AIR Edit acting as the mixer display. AutoIt has been my choice to be able to simulate mouse clicks in the app. And I discovered it was possible to do more! To almost hack M-AIR Edit, and then add a kind of "midi remote control capabilities" to M-AIR Edit. And very easy to write!
AutoIt is not cross platform, windows only. So that's why my app is windows only (which is not a problem for me! ;-)
I did whith what I knew.
I don't know if there's an equivalent on MacOS...
Anyway, at the end, I'm very satisfied with what I done! Matching all my needs: at home in my homestudio, on stage when I'm performing and managing the sound at the same time, and also when I have to manage the sound for small events.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2020, 05:23:25 PM »

Thank you for that info, Shuptuu.

Just a word to the wise - you'll need to change your username to your real name otherwise this thread will get locked. Please do that, as I'd love to hear more from you!

It all makes sense now that you had to "remote control" the editor to make this work. I didn't realize that was what you had to do. For that AutoIt is great (possibly one of the best). If that's the only way for this app to work, then yes, converting to MacOS would be pretty challenging.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2020, 02:38:08 PM »

Well, damn! It seems Mixing Station will only work with Win 10. Both of my laptops have Win 7.

I just installed and ran it on a Win7 machine.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

duane massey

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2020, 03:04:32 PM »

I just installed and ran it on a Win7 machine.
Thanks, Dan. I was going to try it tonight, so hopefully I will also have success.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2020, 09:16:01 AM »

So no motorized faders then? ;-)

I never said it had literal motorized faders. The function of motorized faders is a tactile control that visually indicates its position, even if the value is changed by something else. It has that.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Olivier Merlet

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2020, 09:48:04 AM »

Thank you for that info, Shuptuu.

Just a word to the wise - you'll need to change your username to your real name otherwise this thread will get locked. Please do that, as I'd love to hear more from you!

It all makes sense now that you had to "remote control" the editor to make this work. I didn't realize that was what you had to do. For that AutoIt is great (possibly one of the best). If that's the only way for this app to work, then yes, converting to MacOS would be pretty challenging.

For your information, I just made a video to show my app capabilities: https://youtu.be/W4scTnCxQNQ

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2020, 01:13:59 PM »

Just as a side note on installing Windows 10 on a Windows 7 machine.
 there's a lot of Manufacturers that do not support updated drivers for their older Windows 7 hardware

"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2020, 01:13:59 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.