ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: XR18 simple control surface suggestion  (Read 19331 times)

duane massey

Re: XR18 simple control surface suggestion
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2020, 04:17:49 PM »

X-Air-Edit does not implement the MIDI fader control that X32-Edit does, so you can’t just rely on X-Air-Edit. You have to use another app, like Mixing Station (see above).

No additional cords needed. Mixing Station and X-Air-Edit send all commands over Ethernet (or USB if hooked up).
Thanks. Seems rather unhelpful for it to not just plug/play with the X-series products, but it is "Behringer".
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

duane massey

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2020, 05:18:08 PM »

Well, damn! It seems Mixing Station will only work with Win 10. Both of my laptops have Win 7.
Duane Massey
Houston, Texas

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2020, 06:17:58 PM »

Well, damn! It seems Mixing Station will only work with Win 10. Both of my laptops have Win 7.
Won’t run at all on Win7? That’s unusual.
You could set up a Win10 VM or dual boot?
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

duane massey

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2020, 06:30:11 PM »

Won’t run at all on Win7? That’s unusual.
You could set up a Win10 VM or dual boot?
Haven't dl yet, thought I'd see if there were any other options. Will try it tonight or tomorrow when I have the time to play with it. I know, I know, I should dump win 7, but now is not a good time.
Duane Massey
Houston, Texas

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2020, 06:38:12 PM »

Don't feel too bad. I still have an install of XP just to be able to talk to my BSS FDS366s.

Haven't dl yet, thought I'd see if there were any other options. Will try it tonight or tomorrow when I have the time to play with it. I know, I know, I should dump win 7, but now is not a good time.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2020, 07:36:44 PM »

I have a source of Win 10 Pro OEM licenses in Hong Kong, about $15.  You download Win 10 from Micro$oft, put it on whatever media you need, make that media bootable, and install as an upgrade.  According to a couple of online sources a valid Win 7 key will authorize the new Win 10 install just like it did when M$ was offering the 'free upgrade' over a year ago.  If it doesn't, I know this place in Hong Kong, and I've purchased both Win 10 and M$ Office keys with no problems...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2020, 07:51:00 PM »

I have a source of Win 10 Pro OEM licenses in Hong Kong, about $15.  You download Win 10 from Micro$oft, put it on whatever media you need, make that media bootable, and install as an upgrade.  According to a couple of online sources a valid Win 7 key will authorize the new Win 10 install just like it did when M$ was offering the 'free upgrade' over a year ago.  If it doesn't, I know this place in Hong Kong, and I've purchased both Win 10 and M$ Office keys with no problems...

Just to be clear, though: using an OEM license of a Microsoft product on an existing computer is a violation of the software's licensing terms (buying a license from outside your region might be as well). Whether or not this matters to you is a personal decision.

-Russ

Jon Dees

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2020, 08:41:17 PM »

You can run a Linux VM in VirtualBox to test things out.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2020, 10:57:45 PM »

Just to be clear, though: using an OEM license of a Microsoft product on an existing computer is a violation of the software's licensing terms (buying a license from outside your region might be as well). Whether or not this matters to you is a personal decision.

-Russ

I figure if it was geographically restricted the supplied key would not get activated by M$.  They have that power, ya know. ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:59:55 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2020, 11:04:04 AM »

Windows 10 is still free. No need to pay unless you need to change the desktop or a few other typically unimportant settings.
https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you-dont-need-a-product-key-to-install-and-use-windows-10/
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2020, 11:04:04 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.