Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > H.O.W. AV

Latency "creeping"

(1/3) > >>

Stephen Swaffer:
We are using Wirecast to stream.  Been working on a lot of things the last few weeks to make the live-stream better-and every service we get a little bit better but one thing that we can't seem to conquer is keeping audio and video in sync.  Testing outside of service with everything on we have no issues-but as the service progresses it gradually gets worse-both on FB and on our church online stream.  Video is HDMI into a converter to USB, audio is in to the iMac through a USB interface. iMac is about two years old-fastest processor/ssd available at the time.

We are trying to manage the local network-but would devices on the network have any impact on this?  I guess in the end I don't understand how things interact once the stream leaves Wirecast?

Erik Jerde:

--- Quote from: Stephen Swaffer on April 27, 2020, 12:47:58 PM ---We are using Wirecast to stream.  Been working on a lot of things the last few weeks to make the live-stream better-and every service we get a little bit better but one thing that we can't seem to conquer is keeping audio and video in sync.  Testing outside of service with everything on we have no issues-but as the service progresses it gradually gets worse-both on FB and on our church online stream.  Video is HDMI into a converter to USB, audio is in to the iMac through a USB interface. iMac is about two years old-fastest processor/ssd available at the time.

We are trying to manage the local network-but would devices on the network have any impact on this?  I guess in the end I don't understand how things interact once the stream leaves Wirecast?

--- End quote ---

When you test outside of the service are you doing an equal length test?

Im not surprised youre seeing drift.  Figuring out the cause is hard though.  Id be curious to know if it would do the same with an audio source embedded in the hdmi signal.

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: Erik Jerde on April 27, 2020, 01:00:38 PM --- Id be curious to know if it would do the same with an audio source embedded in the hdmi signal.

--- End quote ---

My first thought as well.

Keith Broughton:

--- Quote from: Erik Jerde on April 27, 2020, 01:00:38 PM ---When you test outside of the service are you doing an equal length test?

Im not surprised youre seeing drift.  Figuring out the cause is hard though.  Id be curious to know if it would do the same with an audio source embedded in the hdmi signal.

--- End quote ---
We have found that embedding audio into HDMI or SDI solves any kind of synch issues down stream.

Stephen Swaffer:
I've primarily worked on getting a good mix to the video guys-but I assume the easiest (best?) way to embed the audio in the HDMI is to run audio into the camera?

I know we are using more than one camera-so that might complicate things a bit unless Wirecast can utilize the same audio stream regardless of camera.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version