ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Just ..HI  (Read 8102 times)

Mike Monte

• My website
Re: Just ..HI
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2020, 11:48:19 AM »

I hope everyone is well and surviving this mess.
I hate that our industry has been so terribly affected and this has brought hardship upon so many of the good folks here.
Fortunately Chris can work his day job (kinda) and this supports our family but I am mindful of all my friends here on the forum.
Just wanted to drop by and let you all know I am thinking about you.
Deb

Thanks for reaching out.

All gigs (as a performer or tech) are cancelled through June 30th with July slowly being wiped-out.....

My family plus everyone that I know are healthy, so that's a blessing..

I have taken this down time to "wood-shed" on my instruments....actually have gone back to some studies/methods that I used in college (40 years ago).
It's good to review the basics.
I am using this time to improve my musicianship rather than "wallow in despair" which I could do - very easily....
also
when this mess started I began playing my daughter's electric bass...just for something to do...and keep me from watching the tube all day.
Scales/arpeggios plus some jam tracks on youtube... 
I play it almost every day....  I'm gettin' better! 

I'm also providing some on-line lessons for my instrumental students - keeps me busy.

I make it a point to get out of the house every day (walks, etc).

Mike M

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2020, 12:47:28 PM »

Hi all,

I still have a little machine work, so the total lack of gigs isn't killing me.
As this was starting to get bad, I invested in some live streaming and video equipment, thinking it would be a needed service.
Didn't quite think it through, as the shelter in place keeps me from being able to go do someone else's stream.
Whine, whine.

BTW, anyone heard from Bob Leonard lately?

Stay safe everyone,
Dave
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 01:00:56 PM by Dave Garoutte »
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2020, 01:50:33 PM »

Hi all,

I still have a little machine work, so the total lack of gigs isn't killing me.
As this was starting to get bad, I invested in some live streaming and video equipment, thinking it would be a needed service.
Didn't quite think it through, as the shelter in place keeps me from being able to go do someone else's stream.
Whine, whine.

BTW, anyone heard from Bob Leonard lately?

Stay safe everyone,
Dave

The last time Bob logged in was August 28, 2019.

Rob Spence, Bob is in your part of the world, have you heard from him?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Bolt

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2020, 04:12:56 PM »

So you must have changed jobs OneEng!  Glad things are working out for you. I was born and raised in northern Ohio and lived in NC for a few years way back. The weather was definitely nicer in NC ;)
Yep.  After 23 years it was quite a leap.  They weather is indeed much nicer here, and it has the added benefit of being 1 hour away from Debbie ..... so eventually I will actually get to meet her :).  Maybe get my ears on that Danley system of hers too!

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2020, 06:40:49 PM »

Sounds like a great idea. I hope you get to pull it off. I could try something similar here as we traditionally have a Fourth of July block party and that day will be here soon enough.

As for what to do in meantime, I've dragged the dLive into the living room to do a firmware update and to play with. If I don't use the thing every so often my addled old brain forgets how. I can play back some virtual sound check tracks and mess around with effects.

--Frank

Hmm, 4th of July sounds like a good date...

I just downloaded the new update for the SQ. Maybe next yuky day I will update it.
Brush burning tomorrow as it ends May 1.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2020, 06:43:32 PM »

The last time Bob logged in was August 28, 2019.

Rob Spence, Bob is in your part of the world, have you heard from him?

I haven’t heard a peep in a long while.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

duane massey

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2020, 08:51:21 PM »

One positive thing from the lockdown: I'm actually spending time in my "studio" (okay bedroom with a computer), trying to get better at recording short video clips. Here's the newest one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yfmzVrvL0M
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2020, 11:14:07 PM »

Well it sounds like a good few of you are staying busy and productive - it's good to hear what you are all getting up to..
Hey Tim - yeah, you can't get rid of me - LOL
Scott, it would be great to meet you - no excuse now not to come visit and check out the rig!.
Welcome to good 'ole Cacalacky!!

So many of our musical friends have been streaming acoustic sets online which is a wonderful way to share their music and keep the vibe alive but we went in a different direction. 
Our band decided to record a demo of covers that we play. Since January, we replaced the singer and the drummer - in fact half the band - so it seemed a 'good' time to update the demo with all the free time we now have.
We have recorded 8 songs here at the house - everyone being sensible and washing hands as they enter, wearing masks other than vocal takes and keeping a good few feet away from each other etc. Tracks went down fast and the guys gave me quality stuff to work with.
It is my job to edit, mix and master them - 3 done so far and sounding pretty good.

Every day I walk into my garage and look at my Danley system. I find myself talking to her sometimes - she knows we have already developed a bond....she knows....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Nils Erickson

• San Francisco
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2020, 05:13:11 AM »

Nice to tune in here and feel the sense of community here on PSW, it is great to hear what everyone is up to.  Business here (SF) has ground to a halt of course, and of course my band has as well.  I have been attending lots of webinars on WSM, WWB, ArrayCalc, R1, audio for Webinars... you name it.  Trying to find learning opportunities for the people I hire and myself.

I grabbed a bunch of stuff from the shop and set up (in my living room) a console, stagebox, four channels of ULXD, four channels of IEM G4, mics and DIS, RF analyzer, a D20 amp and a pair of E8 speakers.  Turns out I have a pretty killer conferencing set up, lol. Been working on skill sets, and trying to find where I can put some of these skills into use.  I feel pretty determined to salvage whatever kind of work I can, as there is of course warehouse rent that does not go away...  Hopefully when this settles, I will come back with more to offer.

Best thoughts to you all, hang in there.

Cheers,
Nils

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2020, 08:27:51 AM »

Like others, my world crashed in the midst of one of my biggest weeks of the year, St. Pat's. Chicago has their parade the Saturday before the 17th, so pubs, especially Irish themed pubs, have multiple big days then.  My one house job is at one of the "top 20" in the U.S., owned by a couple who are Irish or of Irish descent, traditional musicians, and take great pride and a lot of work in their venue.  They have a beer garden as well as two main rooms, and a tent is hired for the garden for St. Pat's, and the place can max out around 300 people.  By Sunday, I'd worked thrity hours or so since music started on Friday evening.  Business was down for sure, but still busy, then the Mayor called for closings by Monday evening, killing any big day for the 17th.  I went home and hunkered down for two weeks, keeping my fingers crossed.  In that time, my gig scheduled evaporated like so many others, and even the largest Irish fest in the world at Milwaukee's Summerfest grounds in August, has cancelled.

I started one project for the other Irish cultural center I'm house engineer at, a pair of nice speakers to replace the little old EV SX-100 in the main pub. The building committee are considered essential, so we have met once to look over things and keep our distance with masks on. 

We've been talking at home about downsizing for a while, so I've been working on things around the house-currently the master bathroom is partially gutted for some new tile and fixtures. Both my wife and daughter sew, are avid quilt makers, and have taught themselves how to make masks. 

I am very grateful my wife has a career that is essential, and she can work remotely.  Same for my daughter.  Our son  may have been the smartest of the bunch, having worked retail for many years, took a new job managing a large liquor store late last year and leaving a large retail home goods chain that is currently closed.

We go to bed earlier and wake up earlier as a rule now, go for walks a lot more, putz around the garden, and get a lot more lap time from the cats-the dog is too big, so she sits next to you and demands attention as usual. ;>)

Stay home, flatten the curve, give the scientists time to come up with a vaccine...and hopefully give health workers some relief from overload.

Best regards,

John

PS-I had a QSC Touchmix 16 on order since the beginning of the year, which was delayed possibly by the epidemic in China, finally got it in a couple of weeks ago, and it's still sitting in the box.  That may say a lot right there.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2020, 08:27:51 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 24 queries.