Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Education Opportunities: Classes, Seminars, and Training

"That's just, like, your opinion, man" - Video Series

(1/3) > >>

brian maddox:
Hey all -

I'm posting this in Education Opportunities because i genuinely hope there will be an opportunity in this project to learn something. 

I'm also hoping that it'l be Fun and we can help build some Community.  :)

I'm looking for volunteers for a video series i'm creating focused on Audio called "That's just, like, your opinion, man". The objective is to have interesting and fun discussions about things we DON'T agree on, 'cause who doesn't love a cage match? :)  It's also an opportunity to hopefully better understand WHY we do what we do, regardless of where we fall on the debate.

The intent is to have fairly short Zoom conversations [30 minutes or so] on topics that are going to be VERY specific.  Examples include things like:

- Snare bottom mic? Yes or No?

- Let's talk about "bass tilt" in the PA

- Aux fed subs.  Yes or no?

- Channel on/off or Mute?

- 48k or 96k? or 192?

- etc., etc.

Only Qualifications are :

1. You've pushed an audio fader up and/or down on a live event of any kind. All experience levels welcome.
2. A willingness to disagree with others and have some fun doing it.

[EDIT:  I'm serious about the above.  If you've got a pulse and have touched a fader, you're in.  My hope is to have a mixture of experience levels so we can all learn from each other.  Some of the most educational exchanges i've had of late have been from people 30 years younger than me who are looking at something with a fresh set of eyes]

This is going to be a fun [hopefully] project with very little time commitment. 

If this interests you, Please send me your Name and an Email to my Email address in my sig line below so i can put you on the list.  I'll be sending out more details in the next day or two.

And if this doesn't interest you, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE this invite with anyone that you think MIGHT be interested. I'd LOVE to have people outside my normal circle of peeps participating.

Thanks!

[Mods: obviously move this if should go somewhere else.  :)]

Chris Grimshaw:
Is this still running?
Sounds fun!

Chris

frank kayser:
Hmmm... Sounds like fun.  Surely worth a try. 

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: frank kayser on June 06, 2020, 12:38:41 PM ---Hmmm... Sounds like fun.  Surely worth a try.

--- End quote ---

Previous shows are up on YouTube.

Mac

Tim McCulloch:
I guess I missed the party.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version