ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Companion module for Yamaha CL/QL  (Read 6261 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: New Companion module for Yamaha CL/QL
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 04:27:10 PM »

Can't you just save all of those settings in the scene itself?

Sort of, but if you are working on someone else's desk, ie, it's a rental or it's the openers desk you would be better off recalling scene 000 which is an "All Flat" scene which is the Yamaha default. It has EQ's, Comps, and Gates flat and "punched out".

A lot of folks won't like you messing with their Scene 000. So this seems like a good workaround and was just my first thought of how to use the macros.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 07:08:46 PM »

You can't really "mess with" scene 0 as no changes you make while in that scene can be recalled, they must first be stored in another numbered scene. Any recall of Scene 0 returns it to that blank state.  Most of what you're doing in a scene change in a generic RnR show can easily be recalled with the scene memory system but as soon as you get into a large corporate event with a couple of dozen output ports to various delays, records, green rooms ad infinitum simply being able to return all the output ports on every Omni port and Dante patch to 0 gain and delay is worth it's weight in 1s and 0s.

A lot of folks won't like you messing with their Scene 000. So this seems like a good workaround and was just my first thought of how to use the macros.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 08:25:57 PM »

You can't really "mess with" scene 0 as no changes you make while in that scene can be recalled, they must first be stored in another numbered scene. Any recall of Scene 0 returns it to that blank state.  Most of what you're doing in a scene change in a generic RnR show can easily be recalled with the scene memory system but as soon as you get into a large corporate event with a couple of dozen output ports to various delays, records, green rooms ad infinitum simply being able to return all the output ports on every Omni port and Dante patch to 0 gain and delay is worth it's weight in 1s and 0s.

^^yup

"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 09:07:53 PM »

^^yup

To be honest I haven't tried, but I knew that scene 0 was locked. I assumed you could unlock it and record over it if you wanted. I seem to remember some desks being that way. Maybe I'm just old and audio alzheimer's is setting in. I rarely mess with scenes anymore since the day job has a desk for each job. I don't need to recall scenes for anything anymore. I still save, but I'm just saving over the same scene over and over now. Getting lazy I guess.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2020, 01:07:30 AM »

Andrew, where does one get the most recent version of your software?

I'd like to play with it with my DM2000 while everything is shut down.
Hey Justice;
Everything is on my website. 2 companion modules and YammieQ and whatever else.
The companion modules are just for TF/CL/QL, fwiw...
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 01:16:13 AM »

Sort of, but if you are working on someone else's desk, ie, it's a rental or it's the openers desk you would be better off recalling scene 000 which is an "All Flat" scene which is the Yamaha default. It has EQ's, Comps, and Gates flat and "punched out".

Except scene 000 will only recall some settings, and even less if stuff has been recall safed. The standard way is to load the festival's setup into the editor, making sure they've safed all their outputs and stuff that you don't want to change, fix your patch to match theirs if needed, and then drag your scene into their list. When it's your turn, recall your scene.
Yamaha's pretty good that way now.

Macros are much more useful for things that can't be done with scenes, like very specific parameters, setup changes, things like that. However, theoretically, you could literally factory reset the board, press record on the SD, start twisting dials on the console and start mixing the band, and every setting you changed would be recorded. AND it's editable after the fact. Unlike scenes, ONLY the things you change are recorded. This opens up huge possibilities.
-Andy

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2020, 01:20:42 AM »

New version up. Could use some more testing if anyone's game. No Streamdeck or mixing console is needed. Just a computer.
-Andy

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2023, 11:59:19 AM »

Necro-bump.

Finally updated the MIDI module to v3. If you haven't tried Companion v3 yet, you're missing out! It's like a whole new piece of software.
Substantial updates to the RCP module, too, like support for Rivage, DM3, DM7, RIO, TIO... Would REALLY appreciate someone testing as I don't have access to some of those devices ATM.
Contact me at my website if you are up for some quick testing and sending me logs.

Thanks for everyone's support!
-Andy

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2023, 11:59:19 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.