ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL PD5215 - 2226H x2 in Original Cabinets  (Read 2219 times)

Bill Malone

JBL PD5215 - 2226H x2 in Original Cabinets
« on: April 17, 2020, 08:24:40 AM »

Hi all!

I hope this post is in the right place. I havnt been able to find much information about these subs I have acquired and really want to nknow what I have on my hands. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've just come into some JBL PD5215's. They have been in a large install for about 20years. Minus the dust on the outside of the boxes they appear to be in great condition condition on the inside. I have not tested them since I recieved them however I did see the just before they were pulled out and they definelty still functiin as they were intended. I have attached a some photos. Just wondering if anyone could help me out with what they might be worth? Thanks a bunch guys!

[pics here:](https://m.imgur.com/a/HIH5M18)

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
Re: JBL PD5215 - 2226H x2 in Original Cabinets
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 10:54:01 AM »

Just wondering if anyone could help me out with what they might be worth? Thanks a bunch guys!
Bill,

They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. New price appears to be around $500, high for the performance, but the JBL name has some pull. Recone kits are around $80, and since people burn up and replace these drivers with some degree of regularity, I'd expect there are some buyers between that price and around $175.
The drivers probably could be sold individually for as much or more than you could get with the cabinet.

That said, right now the people that tend to go through the most of this type of driver are all out of work, and not likely to be buying, so if you have the room for storage, probably best to wait for the market to turn.

Art
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 01:30:27 PM by Art Welter »

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 02:18:21 PM »

Were those in a outdoor installation?
The cones look a little sun faded.
The last picture you linked to, maybe an optical illusion but the cone looks
like it is resting a little more forward than normal.

Like Art said the 2226's and even the 2241's are way over priced for what they are when compared to what is now available in pro 15's and 18's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 02:18:21 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.