ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Architect + BLU-50 configuration  (Read 3409 times)

Wes Fornier

Audio Architect + BLU-50 configuration
« on: April 15, 2020, 01:14:00 PM »

Hello, I am contacting you because I have a problem connecting a DSP (BLU-50) to the internet. I have almost no knowledge of music but good network skills. I tell you what I want to do
I would like to access my DSP to cross the internet in order to modify the remote settings. I use the "Audio Architect" program.
I encounter the following problem: I can't find any way to connect this damn DSP in the program.
On the network side, I think everything is ok, I attracted a fixed IP to the DSP, and I assigned it a redirect port in TCP and UDP.
So I'm a bit stuck.

Can I connect this model of DSP to the internet by plugging it directly into the modem?
    Does Audio Architect allow you to connect to a DSP other than locally?
    Thank you for your answers :).

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: Audio Architect + BLU-50 configuration
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 01:22:03 PM »

Hello, I am contacting you because I have a problem connecting a DSP (BLU-50) to the internet. I have almost no knowledge of music but good network skills. I tell you what I want to do
I would like to access my DSP to cross the internet in order to modify the remote settings. I use the "Audio Architect" program.
I encounter the following problem: I can't find any way to connect this damn DSP in the program.
On the network side, I think everything is ok, I attracted a fixed IP to the DSP, and I assigned it a redirect port in TCP and UDP.
So I'm a bit stuck.

Can I connect this model of DSP to the internet by plugging it directly into the modem?
    Thank you for your answers :).

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Thank you.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 02:21:56 PM »

Others who know Audio Architect will know better, but my knee-jerk reaction would be to SSH tunnel the BLU-50s ports across the Internet. If set up correctly, it should make the BLU-50 appear as if it were connected directly to your local network, where Audio Architect should (hopefully) be able to find it normally. Plus, with SSH tunnelling the connection will be secured and encrypted (so you don't have random Internet yahoos trying to cause mayhem on your BLU-50).

-Russ

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 06:56:38 PM »

Have you ever programed a BSS London?
What do you want to do remotely, just recall presets or build up a new configuration?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 04:05:46 AM »

So I'm a bit stuck.

Thank you for your answers :) .
Sorry but clearly you don't have network skills or you would not be asking such basic questions.  So how about we move on?

It would be completely insecure to put a public IP on the box so skip that.

If you want to port forward you need to forward the right port. Standard mode uses broadcast traffic which can't be forwarded outside the local segment.

Crown has a proxy mode that offers some security.

My vote would be to use routed mode and a VPN for proper security.

This document should help

LINKY!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 01:16:18 PM by Scott Holtzman »
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 10:51:47 AM »

Sorry but clearly you don't habe network skills or you would not be asking such basic questions.  So how about we move on?

It would be completely insexure to put a public IP on the box so skip that.

If you want to port forward you need to forward the right port. Standard mode uses broadcast traffic which can't be forwarded outside the local segment.

Crown has a proxy mode that offers some security.

My vote would be to use routed mode and a VPN for proper security.

Thia document should help

Damn Scott, how about just making a link instead of reducing it to 2 pixels?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:45:10 AM by Mac Kerr »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 01:15:30 PM »

Damn Scott, how about just making a link instead of reducing it to 2 pixels?

Yeah that's the damn software.  Anytime I paste a link from my phone. 

I was grumpy too when I went to bed last night!  The real annoyance is the very first search result was the document I posted from Harman on how to connect AA via a routed connection.

So the OP when through the pain of not using their real name, articulating their network skills and an ill conceived plan when the right way to do it was a Google search away. 

« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 01:17:56 PM by Scott Holtzman »

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 01:20:33 PM »

Still grumpy eh?  ;D

So the OP when through the pain of not using their real name, articulating their network skills and an ill conceived plan when the right way to do it was a Google search away.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 01:29:10 PM »

Still grumpy eh?  ;D

Maybe more a little stir crazy, just stopped raining going to take the pup and myself for a long walk. 

On top of everything else my father in law didn't use his walker, fell, was on the floor for 30 hours, concussion, back injury and has pneumonia now.  Last place he needs to be is a hospital and it's questionable if my wife can even visit him.  So he is all alone in hospital in Melbourne Fl. 

Having to cover the business nut until we see revenue again, this was really the first full payables cycle and this isn't going to be a walk in the park.  I essentially am betting some part of retirement security that the business will come back, generate enough money to cover the bills and pay me back.  I know my payback will probably come at the end but if this goes on into next year the I will have dropped some decent cheese.  Just having to drive the vehicles so the brakes don't seize is a bit depressing.  Somebody jumped the fence and took the converter off the box truck and the red extended van too. 

Ok I am done whining.  Thanks Riley

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 05:58:16 PM »

Ok I am done whining.  Thanks Riley

Everyone needs to vent once in a while...no worries. Wishing your father in law  the best for a speedy recovery.

A friend with a recently started production company had all the batteries stolen from their trucks and the cables cut to make the replacement even more expensive. There is a special circle of hell for thieves during these times.

Carry on folks...who knew January could have 180 days.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 05:58:16 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.