ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading spotlights in my Nightclub  (Read 364 times)

Vinnie.DeCarles

Upgrading spotlights in my Nightclub
« on: April 14, 2020, 06:49:22 pm »

Hello Everybody,

my name is Vinnie DeCarles and I am the General Manager of a conjoined dueling piano bar/nightclub.  The piano bar is Howl at the Moon, and the nightclub is Down.

We've been operating the nightclub now for almost 6 years using Martin Light Jockey 2.  Over the years my ADJ Innospot LED spotlights would stop working prompting me take them down and send them out for repair.  After some time away my spots would return, I'd re-mount and address them, and they'd work good as new.

In the past couple of months I had accumulated several spotlights in need of repair.  Unfortunately, the spotlights weren't able to be serviced by the company we normally use so my boss told me to buy some new spots and we can send away the old ones for repair when things slow down a bit.

The new spot lights I purchased are ADJ Innospot Pro.  Are these spotlights compatible with Martin Light Jockey 2? 

I'm being told that the spotlights are compatible, but will need to be programmed because different issues addressing the DMX?

I've also been told that I need to import a new fixture profile into light jockey so that it can work?

Is anybody familiar with any of this and able to walk me through any of this? 

All help is greatly appreciated.

duane massey

Re: Upgrading spotlights in my Nightclub
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 08:10:06 pm »

The original Inno Spot used 10 channels, the Inno Spot Pro uses 14. Yes, you will need to import or build a new profile. Unless you are capable of programming Light Jockey you will need to hire someone to perform this, as it definitely not something for the novice.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

John Fruits

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 10:00:05 pm »

In case you didn't know, Martin sold LightJockey and the M-series controller to Elation Lighting some time ago.  The Elation website might have updated profiles available. 
https://www.elationlighting.com/lightjockey
Might I also suggest that you ask also at controlbooth.com.  I know of at least one Elation/ADJ staff member who checks in there frequently. 
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

duane massey

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 02:12:04 pm »

Forgot to say that you need someone to actually add/modify programs for the new fixtures, not just install the new profile. Depending upon the number and complexity of the programming you require this could take a couple of hours or an entire day.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 02:12:04 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 23 queries.