ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Will do some live streaming concerts on a Pro2C. Need some general advice  (Read 4321 times)

Miguel Dahl

You'll need to pan the matrix sends on the channels you're sending to the matrixes.
Also select the L matrix master (if you want stereo) and hit link, that way you'll get one solo press for L/R.
And make sure the latency compensation is set to "main to matrix post processing". IIRC that's the name.

You're correct about the FX as well. Pro2c doesn't support a lot of rack fx. I use a Klark DN9630 for more fx if needed, but the VSS3 upgrade is so good that I use that as main reverb and only connect something if really needed.

Still one of my favorite consoles to mix music on, I went from hating the UI to really loving it. IT's fast and easy and I can make it sound like I want.

My matrixes are linked, but I had to go into linking options to get a one-press-gives-me-L+R-solo.

Man did the finished product on youtube sound different than through my monitors, adjust and adapt tomorrow.

Les Kanekuni

My matrixes are linked, but I had to go into linking options to get a one-press-gives-me-L+R-solo.

Man did the finished product on youtube sound different than through my monitors, adjust and adapt tomorrow.

Youtube processes the uploaded video/audio to their streaming standard.

Miguel Dahl

Youtube processes the uploaded video/audio to their streaming standard.
As expected, but now I have a reference at least. It sounded way more compressed. Can also be the streaming-guys stuff, I don't know.

When listening to the guest BE's mix his vocal was so loud it almost sounded funny through the monitors at the desk, but it sounded more or less fine when I listened to the stream after the show. I mixed the opening girl with the piano her voice wasn't sitting as much on top of the piano comparing to what I heard out of the reference monitors.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 07:21:32 PM by Miguel Dahl »

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA

Yup. I’ve only done one live stream so far —four more upcoming— and for that one I had the mains off, mixed via headphones, and also had my iPad logged into the end result with another set of noise-cancelling headphones on that was well.  Swapped back and forth between the two headphones.  Although folks here had warned of it I was amazed at how different the stream sounded from the live. I ended up tweaking the mix to sound as best possible on the streamed iPad even if it wasn’t necessarily what the cans on the console told me.  Problem was the AV guy was streaming to/via Twitch(sp?) which had about a 25 second delay so that made things rather interesting. Decide the kick is a little too strong in the stream, pull it down on the console, then wait a half minute to see if it worked.  Repeat as necessary.  Luckily the band was great at controlling their dynamics and I didn’t have to chase them much so everything worked out quite well. 
..db

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Will do some live streaming concerts on a Pro2C. Need some general advice
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2020, 06:27:24 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.