ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live Sound Bootcamp Podcast  (Read 2065 times)

Ryan O John

• ryanojohn.com
Live Sound Bootcamp Podcast
« on: April 07, 2020, 02:46:50 PM »

Much like everyone else, myself and a few of my friends have found a new way to stay busy with so many events cancelled.  We decided to start a sort of live sound course that covers all topics from start to finish for putting on a live performance event.  There are about 30 episodes planned, and a heap of episodes interviewing accomplished engineers.  You all already do this regularly, so maybe it’ll be boring to you, maybe it’ll be funny and insightful, or maybe you’d be interested in being a guest on the show (we’ll do a bunch of interview episodes). But either way, into the now-oversaturated market we go!

The episodes that are up so far:
Ep1 Building a Stage Plot
Ep2 Stage Signal Flow
Ep3 Building an Input List/Patch Sheet
Ep4 Microphone Selection

"Hosted by a trio of touring engineers, LSBC is meant to help a new engineer to learn live sound from the ground up, and also maybe provide some insight and humor to seasoned professionals. It is a primer on all topics in live sound."

on Apple Podcasts
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/live-sound-bootcamp/id1506110143

on Spotify Podcasts
https://open.spotify.com/show/19ryfj6gcbKWEOZUjK4gQK
Ryan John
Product Manager | Avid Live Sound

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: Live Sound Bootcamp Podcast
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 03:11:43 PM »

Much like everyone else, myself and a few of my friends have found a new way to stay busy with so many events cancelled.  We decided to start a sort of live sound course that covers all topics from start to finish for putting on a live performance event.  There are about 30 episodes planned, and a heap of episodes interviewing accomplished engineers.  You all already do this regularly, so maybe it’ll be boring to you, maybe it’ll be funny and insightful, or maybe you’d be interested in being a guest on the show (we’ll do a bunch of interview episodes). But either way, into the now-oversaturated market we go!

The episodes that are up so far:
Ep1 Building a Stage Plot
Ep2 Stage Signal Flow
Ep3 Building an Input List/Patch Sheet
Ep4 Microphone Selection

"Hosted by a trio of touring engineers, LSBC is meant to help a new engineer to learn live sound from the ground up, and also maybe provide some insight and humor to seasoned professionals. It is a primer on all topics in live sound."

on Apple Podcasts
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/live-sound-bootcamp/id1506110143

on Spotify Podcasts
https://open.spotify.com/show/19ryfj6gcbKWEOZUjK4gQK

Just started listening last night.  I like it.  i particularly like that you're breaking things down into little pieces and keeping your podcasts to a relatively short length.

Great job.  Looking forward to seeing where it goes.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 09:02:17 AM »

I love the idea!  I will be very interested when you start talking effects and how to modify them, EQ's, compression, and gates....  Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Ryan O John

• ryanojohn.com
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 12:49:32 PM »

That's a good one to call out, I didn't actually get too in depth in the class outline to make an episode on effects, but rather we have 'advanced mixing' episodes for mons and then foh. I think it might be cool to do almost an entire episode on each of the channel processing bits, and maybe a whole one on effetcs... I mean we could talk for days on EQ alone haha.  Thanks for the suggestion there.

I love the idea!  I will be very interested when you start talking effects and how to modify them, EQ's, compression, and gates....  Looking forward to seeing where this goes!
Ryan John
Product Manager | Avid Live Sound

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 12:49:32 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.