ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big FCC Trouble For PylePro  (Read 6279 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Big FCC Trouble For PylePro
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2022, 10:02:37 PM »

Any company that made and marketed devices like this deserves to suffer.
https://www.amazon.com/Channel-Wireless-Microphone-System-Microphones/dp/B005BSOW82/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
So many school teachers and small theaters got scammed by this system.
-crosstalk, horrible reception, noisy, bad squelching and no way to control but by the front panel (single mix output) -which because of the non-existent range, was usually sitting on the stage.

I had an act bring that system to a gig.  Oy freakin' veh.  Where I decided the 'pile' was rack mounted..  That way you can't step in it ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Karl Winkler

• Lectrosonics
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2022, 01:13:43 PM »

I think the gears may still be grinding, since I'm pretty sure at least some of the models they were fined for are still listed for sale on their website...

-Russ

Noticed that! So brazen... perhaps it is a sign of the times, like maybe it is worth it to keep selling these things and a 600K fine is just part of the cost of doing business. Like Craig, I want them to suffer. Selling this garbage is definitely harming consumers and causing issues for other operators, too.
In theory, theory and practice should be the same. In practice, they are not.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2022, 02:39:53 PM »

Noticed that! So brazen... perhaps it is a sign of the times, like maybe it is worth it to keep selling these things and a 600K fine is just part of the cost of doing business.

Somehow I think in this particular situation, $600k plus lots of fairly high priced lawyer fees, based on their attorneys of record responses, is more than the net profit on this stuff over12+ years of sales. But I could be wrong . . .
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2022, 03:02:48 PM »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2022, 01:39:43 PM »

No kidding; looks like Amazon is still selling one of the ones that operates in the VHF Airband...

-Russ

Russ, that kind of assumes that the Pyle is not transmitting on some random, unpredictable frequency...  :o

Excrement posing as a wireless mic system...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Daniel Levi

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2022, 02:11:49 PM »

Spectrum analyser now free with all new purchases of Pyle Pro wireless equipment, as it's the only way to know what the transmitting frequency is!

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2022, 03:08:23 PM »

Russ, that kind of assumes that the Pyle is not transmitting on some random, unpredictable frequency...  :o {...}

I disagree; in my mind, "interfering with air traffic control" is the definition of "some random, unpredictable frequency". :P

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2022, 03:08:23 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.