ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB Interface for Audio Tools (Studio Six)  (Read 2652 times)

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
USB Interface for Audio Tools (Studio Six)
« on: April 02, 2020, 03:46:00 PM »

I've been using SMAART for quite some time but I just recently purchased Audio Tools for iOS. I was wondering if I can use my SMAART I-O interface (It's a SMAART branded box, but i believe it's been discontinued) or am I forced to purchase the interface that Studio Six sells?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: USB Interface for Audio Tools (Studio Six)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 04:51:51 PM »

I've been using SMAART for quite some time but I just recently purchased Audio Tools for iOS. I was wondering if I can use my SMAART I-O interface (It's a SMAART branded box, but i believe it's been discontinued) or am I forced to purchase the interface that Studio Six sells?

A SMAART interface for an iPad with a lighting connector

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 06:37:27 PM »

A SMAART interface for an iPad with a lighting connector

Hey Scott, I probably wasn't clear with my original post. I'm currently using SMAART V8 on my Mac. This is the interface I own: https://www.rationalacoustics.com/smaart/smaart-i-o/ 

I was wondering if I could use this interface with my iPad or iPhone with lighting connector. I guess the only way to confirm is to buy the $30 Lightning to USB (Camera Connector) and try it out. I'm just trying to see if there's a way to use the transfer function of the Audio Tools app without buying their $500 interface.

I will still use my Mac and the full version of SMAART when I need to, but I was hoping to find a compact portable USB interface to use with Audio Tools for times when I don't want to haul out the full size measurement rig.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 07:20:20 PM »

Hey Scott, I probably wasn't clear with my original post. I'm currently using SMAART V8 on my Mac. This is the interface I own: https://www.rationalacoustics.com/smaart/smaart-i-o/ 

I was wondering if I could use this interface with my iPad or iPhone with lighting connector. I guess the only way to confirm is to buy the $30 Lightning to USB (Camera Connector) and try it out. I'm just trying to see if there's a way to use the transfer function of the Audio Tools app without buying their $500 interface.

I will still use my Mac and the full version of SMAART when I need to, but I was hoping to find a compact portable USB interface to use with Audio Tools for times when I don't want to haul out the full size measurement rig.

I have had really good luck with the iTest Mic with the built in charging and output interface too.  It's not cheap but super convenient.  I have version 1

https://studiosixdigital.com/audio-hardware/itestmic2/

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 07:42:19 PM »

I have had really good luck with the iTest Mic with the built in charging and output interface too.  It's not cheap but super convenient.  I have version 1

https://studiosixdigital.com/audio-hardware/itestmic2/

That looks like a great option, I don't know how I missed it the first time I looked on their site. It's a little more than I was hoping to spend, but this is would make a pocket sized measurement rig if I used it with my iPhone. The only drawback is I don't see a way to take external audio as a reference, so I couldn't use it for realtime monitoring of live shows. But that's what the full rig on the Mac is for I guess.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 08:42:18 PM »

That looks like a great option, I don't know how I missed it the first time I looked on their site. It's a little more than I was hoping to spend, but this is would make a pocket sized measurement rig if I used it with my iPhone. The only drawback is I don't see a way to take external audio as a reference, so I couldn't use it for realtime monitoring of live shows. But that's what the full rig on the Mac is for I guess.

The itestmic2 has an 1/8” out at the base of the mic.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 11:00:09 PM »

I use it with an iPad pro and love it.  We did a phase magnitude trace on Debbie's Danley system it was the flatest phase response I have ever seen on an untuned system and the subs were clustered at the center of the stage and the SM80's were on stands. 

It's super handy and you can get fast with it and do a rough tune in minutes.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 09:39:42 AM »

Not that it moves the needle too much but this came in an email recently...

Due to the Coronavirus situation, we are discounting iAudioInterface2 by $100. Just go to our online store and enter the code IAI2100 at checkout to receive your discount.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 03:21:15 PM »

Not that it moves the needle too much but this came in an email recently...

Due to the Coronavirus situation, we are discounting iAudioInterface2 by $100. Just go to our online store and enter the code IAI2100 at checkout to receive your discount.

I got that email too, but I think I'll still go with the USB mic they sell. Thanks for posting it though.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 03:21:15 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.