ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Honda EU2200i recall  (Read 1407 times)

Steven Cohen

Honda EU2200i recall
« on: April 01, 2020, 10:17:21 AM »

Just wanted to pass this on in case anyone has a Honda EU2200i with serial numbers between EAJT-100001and EAJT1011342. Camo model EAMT- 1000001 and EAMT-2098790.

"What is the problem?
In certain EB2200i and EU2200i generators operated under certain environmental conditions, water may
enter into an electrical connection on the inverter (located behind the control panel) and cause a short circuit
failure and/or fire. This concern predominantly occurs in applications or regions where salt water is present.
Symptoms of this concern are typically identified by the overload alarm flashing continuously, the smell of
melting or burning plastic during or after operation, or the presence of smoke or fire.
What should you do?
If you own an EB2200i or EU2200i generator, you will need to check to see if the serial number is within the
affected serial number range and has not been previously repaired. If it is within the affected range and has not
been previously repaired, stop using your generator until it has been repaired by an authorized Honda dealer.
Also:
• If your generator was registered with American Honda and is affected, you will receive a letter.
• If your generator was not registered with American Honda, contact your Honda Power Equipment servicing
dealer.
If you need assistance locating a servicing dealer, please visit our website: powerequipment.honda.com, or call
us at our recall line (888) 888-3139, option 4.
This recall is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission"

ProSoundWeb Community

Honda EU2200i recall
« on: April 01, 2020, 10:17:21 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 22 queries.