ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Control compatibility of Linea Research oem processing / amps.  (Read 2300 times)

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA

EAW's current UX8800 processor and UXA amp models are OEM'ed from Linea Research, but instead of System Engineer they are using their own Resolution software platform for network & control. I'd like to find out if Resolution is capable of communicating with Danley or Linea branded amps on the same network, and alternatively if System Engineer is capable of network control of EAW's UXA models, aside from the greybox settings.

If anyone here has easy access to their amp rack and would be willing to download the different software version to try it out I would appreciate it.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: Control compatibility of Linea Research oem processing / amps.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 01:10:12 PM »

EAW's current UX8800 processor and UXA amp models are OEM'ed from Linea Research, but instead of System Engineer they are using their own Resolution software platform for network & control. I'd like to find out if Resolution is capable of communicating with Danley or Linea branded amps on the same network, and alternatively if System Engineer is capable of network control of EAW's UXA models, aside from the greybox settings.

If anyone here has easy access to their amp rack and would be willing to download the different software version to try it out I would appreciate it.

Mike,
At least some of the OEM Linea units don't use Linea DSP.  I don't know how many of them are like that.  For sure the Martin Audio IKon amps but I don't know which other ones.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 04:09:39 PM »

Hi Mike, I just installed Resolution 2.8.1.8 on the same computer/network that I use with the SC-48.
So far, I cannot get Resolution to find/identify the processor as online. 
Resolution itself shows online fine.
But my SC-48 does not have Dante, so that may be an Auto Identify showstopper on its own.

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 09:24:28 AM »

Rik Kirby will have the answer for you.  Rik.Kirby at Linea-Reasearchdotcom.
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

Matt Marcus

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 01:55:23 AM »

I'd like to find out if Resolution is capable of communicating with Danley or Linea branded amps on the same network, and alternatively if System Engineer is capable of network control of EAW's UXA models, aside from the greybox settings.

Nope. Neither is possible. The firmware on the above mentioned units are all different. Asked EAW directly about this last week and that was the response.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 03:42:32 PM »

Nope. Neither is possible. The firmware on the above mentioned units are all different. Asked EAW directly about this last week and that was the response.

EAW replied similarly to a post I made on their FB page, but I asked Josh Millward at Danley to check it out anyway. He says Danley techs were able to network DNA and EAW amps together, monitor and control both using System Engineer. He had not tried it yet using Resolution.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Matt Marcus

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 04:09:08 PM »

EAW replied similarly to a post I made on their FB page, but I asked Josh Millward at Danley to check it out anyway.

I see- Dad said "no", so you asked Mom....   ;)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 04:09:08 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.