ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are They Deaf ?!  (Read 7653 times)

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
Re: Are They Deaf ?!
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2020, 12:30:09 AM »

^^^ When I did the BB show, it was sound and lights in a 20's art deco theatre with full stage and projection booth with movie screen and great acoustics.  I didn't even know who Bobby Bland was in my youthful ignorance - the house manager was amazed I didn't know.  My plan was to get the mix going and leave an underling to run the both the 8pm & 10pm shows.

No stage plot and I had no idea what to expect.  Setup about 10 mics on stage with booms and washed the stage with Par 56's.  They showed up about 1/2 hour before show time, the doors were opened, people coming in.  Walked in, arranged the mics to their liking, I didn't have to touch anything.  The bus parked the in alley behind the theatre, the band came onstage with chairs and podiums like the Lawrence Welk orchestra.  Band leader sat a stool down center for Bobby with an SM58 in a straight stand.

I didn't move from behind the console - mixed both shows.....it was awesome.  I'm a believer now.  RIP Mr. Bland.  :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 12:40:33 AM by Steve-White »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2020, 12:56:57 AM »

One of my favorite blues acts to mix was Koko Taylor (Queen of the Blues!).  Big voice, big heart, and her bands were always great.  Her husband kept reign over FOH and stage levels and was a true gentleman in his approach.

I, too, recall Bobby Bland's show as them basically walking in off the bus, setting a couple of mixes and away they'd go.

Funny, the music seems to start on the stage, not the PA....  :o
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2020, 12:56:57 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.