ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Built me an E drum this evening....  (Read 4740 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Built me an E drum this evening....
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2020, 09:14:53 PM »

Did someone say light up drums??????
https://youtu.be/ZSeTJu3vEIo
OH, and Debbie, instead of a plumbing parts saxophone, how about a DRUMBONE?
https://youtu.be/dOLBn8GKBlA

Wow - those guys are so good....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2020, 06:43:16 PM »

When we are permitted, our drummer will be the tester of it. Admittedly IF it gets any use it would be for things like roto tom sounds, claps etc. The band isn't an overproduced sound overall - a bit raw and edgy but sometimes its nice to add an effect or 2....It was more for fun - I am just surprised how well it turned out and how responsive it is. I have the module set to poly but not sure if it would allow for decent ghost notes - we will see. I have the sensitivity set quite high.
Also it is only 1 zone. I just figured without the usable 'rim', it wasn't worth the extra effort to make it dual.

I totally get your intent to use it for effects or roto toms.  That's great outside-the-box thinking.  Let us know how it performs once your drummer has his way with it.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2020, 10:59:17 AM »

Here is a photo of 'my' backside ...

I used a piece of 1-1/4" dens'ish' foam in the bottom, then I placed the large metal disc that was already in the PAR on top of that, I attached the transducer to the underside of the metal disc and soldered to my cord, I brought the end of the cord through the hole already in the fixture used for the power,  then I used 3 layers of some drawer liner material over the metal disc, and finished it off with a mouse pad.
I used the existing power cord strain relief clamp on the signal cable - 1/4" on the end.

Oh.... I used some spray adhesive between each layer to help them stay put.

Great idea on the mouse pad for the batter surface!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2020, 04:26:39 PM »

Great idea on the mouse pad for the batter surface!

I wish I had a thicker mouse pad - mine was kinda thin and that is why I added the extra layers underneath.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2020, 09:42:20 AM »

Great job Debbie....Keeping yourself busy has to be therapeutic too.

She got the Danley gig off Douglas, there is a thread about it.  I actually went out to hang with them and check it out.  I think that is last flight I will take in awhile.

Hi;

Thanks for the reply. It seems that for me staying at home has made me blind as a bat because I can't seem to find the thread. Do you have the thread subject title?  I even searched SM80 and TH118 with no luck.

Thanks;
Douglas R. Allen

John Fruits

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2020, 11:47:55 AM »

Hi;

Thanks for the reply. It seems that for me staying at home has made me blind as a bat because I can't seem to find the thread. Do you have the thread subject title?  I even searched SM80 and TH118 with no luck.

Thanks;
Douglas R. Allen
You could start here:
https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,172537.0.html
It has the link to the earlier much longer thread.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2020, 03:06:44 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.