ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ideal Mobile Dj Speaker  (Read 8090 times)

Bill Hornibrook

Re: The Ideal Mobile Dj Speaker
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 12:37:30 PM »

heya guys, im an acoustic engineer and want to build the "ideal" speaker for professinal mobile Dj's and nightclubs...

These are really two completely different markets with different requirements. Mobile guys want portability foremost, clubs need higher SPL's and more subs with low frequency extension flat at least into the low 30s for today's demanding tracks.

Once quarantines are lifted I'd suggest checking out DJ nightclubs to get a feel for what's out there. But I agree with everyone else - both markets are well covered already. And I speak as a club DJ.

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 09:13:47 PM »

Is that the Spinal Tap special edition of the Desert Eagle?
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2020, 04:05:57 PM »

Shit no.  I am not a gun guy.   Only weapon I own is my wife's sons M&P and haven't even taken it to the range yet.

It was just the badest ass handgun I habe ever seen so used it for illiterative purposes.

50mm ≠ .50 Caliber.

That pesky Metric system cropping up again. Boy, go git mah AR. Gots me some furriners tryin to sneak up in hyea.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2020, 05:20:09 PM »

You have the 2" Desert Eagle?  I've only handled the 1/2" version.   ;D

See I am so stupid I didn't even get the joke until now.  Updated original post.  Of course it's not 50mm

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2020, 08:45:25 AM »

I just bought another pair of used QSC K12's with bags for $775.  Hard to pass on for that kind of money?   

I have never had one problem with any of my QSC speakers.  My personal experience.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2020, 02:24:52 PM »

Toby is a drive-by poster.  Hasn't logged back in since post #1.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2020, 06:20:22 PM »

Toby is a drive-by poster.  Hasn't logged back in since post #1.

Expected.  I assume most of the replies are valuable for future inquiring minds.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2020, 01:08:10 PM »

Change your screen name to your actual name please.  Rules is rules.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Richard Turner

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2020, 06:02:02 AM »

Pretty sure I put in a request back in 2016 for a dj subwoofer, needs to be a 12" cube capable of producing 128 db 15hz-120hz with even coverage in any room from hole in the wall to basketball court, it must be self aware and auto adjust its volume for each specific audience member in the room and do so  without any reflection off the back or side walls. totally directional so it doesn't cause stage rumble or deafen me on stage. must be self powered and never quit mid gig so a plutonium reactor would be ideal and able to levitate for load in and strike.

as for the matching full range device similar specs but must present as a 2" OD tube 48" long frequency response of 85hz to 25khz....

also price point for a pair of each must be below $699 US street.....
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2020, 10:51:18 PM »

Pretty sure I put in a request back in 2016 for a dj subwoofer, needs to be a 12" cube capable of producing 128 db 15hz-120hz with even coverage in any room from hole in the wall to basketball court, it must be self aware and auto adjust its volume for each specific audience member in the room and do so  without any reflection off the back or side walls. totally directional so it doesn't cause stage rumble or deafen me on stage. must be self powered and never quit mid gig so a plutonium reactor would be ideal and able to levitate for load in and strike.

as for the matching full range device similar specs but must present as a 2" OD tube 48" long frequency response of 85hz to 25khz....

also price point for a pair of each must be below $699 US street.....

We invented it first, Comrade.  Unfortunately the 'current world situation' has disrupted our supply chain of the primary component - Non-carborundum Unobtainium and we are unable to produce.  8) ::)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2020, 10:51:18 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.