ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mackie array  (Read 1366 times)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: Mackie array
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2020, 10:25:57 pm »

I have not heard or worked with DRM12A speakers, so take the value of my comments with that in mind but . . . the response curve shown looks really, lets just say, odd?  The fact that the HF drivers are crossed over at 1K and only have 1" voice coils give me chills.  In the past I have been a Mackie dealer 3 different times.  When Greg was in charge, things seemed to be good.  I am not currently a dealer and I won't retell the stories about bad service and dealer support, but they could be business school classics.  I should have learned after the 1st or 2nd time.  I'm a glutton for punishment.  I've been in this business for about 40 years.  I must be.
Let's just say you are optimistic, Don ;D
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Yoel Klein

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 08:51:29 pm »

I used a bunch of the 2380s with 2445 drivers in my "one boxes" back in the late 80s.  See photo below as an example

But to be honest, I was taking a lot of stuff "at face value" back then, and doing very little actual testing.

I guess it depends on what you call HF.  Above 10K or so is where I was talking about.   I call it "filling out the horn".

As a general rule, the smaller the diameter of the driver (or exit) the wider it will be higher up.  It all depends on the size and the freq in question

Forgot to attach photos?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 08:51:29 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.