ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about label makers...  (Read 6905 times)

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
Re: Question about label makers...
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 12:51:28 PM »

Another vote for the Dymo labelers.  They have a nylon label that wraps around cables and stays put, as well as a heat shrink label.  If you use it enough, and you can wait for the specials, you can usually find a free labeler if a certain amount of labels.  I equip a small fleet of work vans with labelers for network and a/v use, so I usually get a free labeler or two with every label order.
This space for rent

Speed Daemon

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 01:27:45 PM »

The Dymo Rhino 6000 I have makes nice labels and has lots of tape options.  It has quirks though - to get high quality printing for large tape sizes, it needs to be plugged in.  The AA batteries do not provide enough voltage/current to get the job done.  I don't have the lithium battery pack - that may be better.
I don't recall having that problem with my 5200, but the Li+ battery is a lot better than AA cells IME.

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 12:36:23 PM »

I use a Brother 9800PCN, which is USB or network only with no built-in keyboard interface. I love some of it's features, like half cut which only cuts through the label and not the backing paper, as well as the fact that the print resolution is 4x that of the normal PT printers and everything looks a whole lot better. Printing on 1.5" wide label tape is nice too. The price on them is a little crazy, but used/NOS ones go for a reasonable price on Ebay all the time. P950NW is the new version, but I don't have any experience with them.

Since it's PC based I can do pretty much anything I want on a label, including a lot of things you can't do on the all-in-one models. Different fonts/sizes, underline or bold on specific words, and layouts with images that would otherwise be impossible. I use a lot of templates with tables to get the correct spacing on rack panels, and auto-numbering is often very useful too.

It's true that the labels don't stay on cables very well though. I've solve this problem by putting clear heat shrink over the labels, but obviously that's not always practical.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Jerry Ziarko

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2020, 08:15:16 PM »

Another vote for these labels. We've been using them on everything from flight cases to amplifiers and distros to cables with great results.

We do apply heat shrink over labels on cable ends, but for everything else, the TZe labels have been performing flawlessly and reliably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely, use the extra strength P Touch labels for everything without any issues.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2020, 08:41:15 PM »

Absolutely, use the extra strength P Touch labels for everything without any issues.

Pete Erskine did a 2 hr webinar at Practical Show Tech today at noon that was almost entirely about labeling. It is definatly worth checking out. It is up in the archive already PST #005.

Mac

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 09:35:20 PM »

It is up in the archive already PST #005.
Archive?
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 10:16:51 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 25 queries.