ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming/conference software  (Read 4740 times)

Stephen Swaffer

Streaming/conference software
« on: March 22, 2020, 03:11:45 PM »

In the scramble to move our churches to a virtual format we have been successful in getting acceptable streaming of our services.  However, we are discovering a number of church memebers who have no or limited internet access.  We have attempted to set up a conference calling software-but it was a fail.  Audio dropping out to the pint of being unusable.  I am fairly certain it was on the server end because even the pre-recorded (on the server) intro was cutting out.  I am not mentioning the software name because I am assuming this is a case of unprecedented demand; however, surely there is enough infrastructure with businesses to support worship services on Sunday.

Any recommendations for a servce that we can use so that we can include those memebers that have limited internet?
Steve Swaffer

Bill Meeks

• Vidalia, Georgia - USA
Re: Streaming/conference software
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 08:18:43 PM »

In the scramble to move our churches to a virtual format we have been successful in getting acceptable streaming of our services.  However, we are discovering a number of church memebers who have no or limited internet access.  We have attempted to set up a conference calling software-but it was a fail.  Audio dropping out to the pint of being unusable.  I am fairly certain it was on the server end because even the pre-recorded (on the server) intro was cutting out.  I am not mentioning the software name because I am assuming this is a case of unprecedented demand; however, surely there is enough infrastructure with businesses to support worship services on Sunday.

Any recommendations for a servce that we can use so that we can include those memebers that have limited internet?

At my former employer we used nationwide teleconference services furnished by AT&T, and for a short time, Cisco. Both are subscription based. I don't know the cost, though. That was handled by a different IT group than the one I worked in. The service was very reliable and pretty much had no limit in terms of folks joining a given call. It worked by using number codes to "join" a conference. Certain folks in the company were granted codes that let them schedule conference calls, and then they could invite others by sending them the "join" code. The calls could be set up pretty much "on the fly". There was no long lead time to create a conference call. Oh, and you could call in via an 800 number if necessary. However, with everyone today pretty much having unlimited and basically free long distance calling via cellphone plans, the 800 number is likely a moot point.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 08:20:09 PM »

I don't think anyone will mind me mentioning my "other" carrier.  We offer cloud based, hosted, FreePBX systems.  These are open source PBX software in commercial data centers that have plenty of capacity.  Certainly for a Sunday.  I could show you how to setup a SIP endpoint that would call into the conference bridge for the audio side.  We also support HD CODEC so people on newer central offices and cell phones would get a bit more bandwidth than just the 300-3k of 64k ulaw PCM.

My email is in my signature, feel free to reach out to me with any questions. 

https://www.sangoma.com/pbx/cloud/

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 10:24:25 AM »

I don't think anyone will mind me mentioning my "other" carrier.  We offer cloud based, hosted, FreePBX systems.  These are open source PBX software in commercial data centers that have plenty of capacity.  Certainly for a Sunday.  I could show you how to setup a SIP endpoint that would call into the conference bridge for the audio side.  We also support HD CODEC so people on newer central offices and cell phones would get a bit more bandwidth than just the 300-3k of 64k ulaw PCM.

My email is in my signature, feel free to reach out to me with any questions. 

https://www.sangoma.com/pbx/cloud/

Sent an e-mail to ghostav?  My day job went to the Sangoma FreePBX using Digium phones last year.  I didn't do the overall setup-but setup the phones at my location so I am not totally in the dark on these.
Steve Swaffer

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 12:30:38 PM »

Sent an e-mail to ghostav?  My day job went to the Sangoma FreePBX using Digium phones last year.  I didn't do the overall setup-but setup the phones at my location so I am not totally in the dark on these.

Sure Stephen send me an email at ghostav if you want to talk about using a conference bridge for services.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 02:34:40 PM »

Sent
Steve Swaffer

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 01:38:22 AM »

Sent

I don't see it, checked spam folder too.  I will be at my desk after 1PM EST. follow the link to our website for number.  All the IVR options ring me now.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 03:07:12 PM »

Just want to publicly thank Scott for his generosity.  He allowed us to use his server for conference calls at a time when we were scrambling.  This has continued to be a valued service and as we look to the future we decided to do something "permanent" so we have subscribed to a paid service that strips the audio from our livestream and makes it available on a free call.  It also allows people to receive an alert call, if they opt in.

In any case, the service Scott provided worked great-and his spirit of generosity and helping others is something that we can always use more of in challenging times.  The main reason for the change is that we decided we wanted to offer this long term and did not want to wear out our welcome.

Additionally we use the FreePBX system at my day job-it works great there as well!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 07:39:38 AM by Stephen Swaffer »
Steve Swaffer

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 02:01:56 AM »

Just want to publicly thank Scott for his generosity.  He allowed us to use his server for conference calls at a time when we were scrambling.  This has continued to be a valued service and as we look to the future we decided to do something "permanent" so we have subscribed to a paid service that strips the audio and makes it available on a free call.  It also allows people to receive an alert call, if they opt in.

In any case, the service Scott provided worked great-and his spirit of generosity and helping others is something that we can always use more of in challenging times.  The main reason for the change is that we decided we wanted to offer this long term and did not want to wear out our welcome.

Additionally we use the FreePBX system at my day job-it works great there as well!

That is very kind of you Stephen, it was my pleasure to help.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 02:01:56 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.