ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help with Kramer Scaler/Switcher...  (Read 664 times)

Tyler Carson

Need Help with Kramer Scaler/Switcher...
« on: March 15, 2020, 09:00:48 pm »

Ok... gonna let you know up front I'm a novice in A/V. I'm good with electronics, sound system operations and implementations, have done video work (recording, not live) and I am a musician (I know that cancels out all knowledge...lol). While I have the chops to record good quality video- I lack some experience in the live stream space. Here's the problem...

I have a Kramer VP-719DS Scaler/Switcher (old, I know). Even though it's older, it would work great for live streaming, if I could get the darn thing to function properly. The VP powers on, I see the splash screen, and then goes to the solid blue backer (when there is no video input). I cannot get to the OSD controls (remote is missing from existence) to come up with the menu button, I have tried the "unlock" sequence with no luck, I'm currently trying to figure out how to connect it to an older computer via a RS-232 cable and see if I can stumble through and factory reset this thing.

The VP will display a video input from any of the inputs- however it will not switch between them. The IR light is constantly flashing, and none of the front panel buttons seem to do much of anything, however if I push the YC1 button(and hold it down), the component, VGA and AV1 LEDs turn on, as well as the sx-v LED and 852x1024 LED. No other buttons or combination of buttons seem to have any effect on the unit. Am I missing something completely obvious or is this thing toast? Any help or advice with this would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks in advance! Tyler

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: Need Help with Kramer Scaler/Switcher...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 01:46:17 am »

OSD doesnít come up when thereís an active source passing through?

Youíre right that unit is quite old.  Itís older design than most of the Kramer stuff Iím familiar with.  You should try calling their support though.  Theyíve always been very helpful whether itís brand new gear or old stuff Iíve bought second hand.  If it can be sorted out they can probably help you.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Need Help with Kramer Scaler/Switcher...
¬ę Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 01:46:17 am ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.